• Subscribe
  • Best Ways to Collect Testimonials for a New Product?

Guillaume
    13 replies
    Hey Product Hunt community! I’m currently looking to gather testimonials for my product, and I have friends and family who are willing to leave reviews. I’m wondering what the best approach is—should I have them write reviews directly on directory websites, or should I use specific tools like Trustpilot? Any advice or recommendations on the best way to collect and showcase testimonials would be really appreciated!

Replies

Dedew
    To gather testimonials, start by asking friends and family for honest feedback and feature it on your website or social media. Then, encourage them to leave reviews on trusted platforms like Trustpilot or G2 to reach a wider audience. Video testimonials can also add a personal touch. Make the process easy by providing clear instructions and links to review sites. This multi-channel approach builds credibility and authenticity for your product.
    Guillaume
    @dedew16 Thanks for the detailed advice! I love the idea of mixing written and video testimonials. When it comes to providing instructions and links to review sites, do you find a particular format works best for getting people to follow through?
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Find a relevant group of people and offer them free access to your tool. Friends and family may not be your real target audience.
    Guillaume
    @busmark_w_nika Thanks for the advice, Nika! 😊 Where do you usually have people write the reviews? Do you use directory websites or another platform?
    Business Marketing with Nika
    @gde It depends on the Platform – where you launch on PH, try to get reviews there. If you have an app, try to get them on Google Play, or you can get them into DMs or abstract them from comments section. :)
    Benson Gao
    It is recommended to prompt users for a review or send them an email after they have used the service
    Xinshu Ta
    Send email to customers
    Sage Wang
    Launching soon!
    A balanced approach worked best. Start by collecting organic feedback from real users directly, which you can feature on your website or landing pages.
    Sage Wang
    Launching soon!
    If you're looking for genuine testimonials, I recommend starting by reaching out to early users directly and asking for feedback in a conversational way
    Siri Nana
    Trustpilot is a good option if you're targeting general consumers. It adds social proof for potential customers.
    Sage Turner
    I’d collect them via email first, then showcase the best ones on your website and marketing materials.
    Melina Cross
    Ask them to leave reviews on G2 or Capterra if it’s a SaaS product. Those sites have credibility and traffic.
    Robert Thomas
    Definitely tap your network to find early adopters who match your target audience. Offer them a free trial in exchange for a testimonial. Avoid friends and family unless they truly represent your ideal customer. You could also try reaching out to relevant online communities or forums where your target users hang out - offer a special discount code to active members in exchange for trying your product and providing a review. The key is finding people who will give you authentic feedback and testimonials to build initial social proof.