• Subscribe
  • How Do You Simplify Your Gmail Out-of-Office Setup?

Christos Gkemitzis
    1 reply
    Hey there! I'm Christos, and I've got a cool little story to share about how the Recurring Out-of-Office Gmail extension came to be. A while back, I ran into this annoying issue with Gmail—setting up a recurring Out of Office (OOO) auto-reply just wasn’t an option. Gmail only lets you set OOO replies for a continuous stretch of time, which is a pain if, like some folks, you're out of the office every Friday. It meant having to reset the auto-reply every single week. Frustrating, right? Being part of a small dev agency, I figured, “Why not solve this ourselves?” So, we put our heads together and whipped up a simple Gmail extension to handle it—initially just for our own use. It worked like a charm! And then we thought, why not share it with others who might be dealing with the same hassle? That’s why we decided to make it available to everyone, and yep, it’s free! Thanks for sticking with me through this story. I’d love to hear if anyone else has faced a similar problem and how you’ve managed it. You can check out our extension, "Recurring Out-of-Office," on the Google Marketplace. We’re also gearing up to launch it on Product Hunt soon, so if you like our little tool, we’d really appreciate your support when that happens! 😊

Replies

Christos Gkemitzis
    Here is the link for the extension https://workspace.google.com/mar...