• Subscribe
  • What are the benefits and challenges of traveling to a country where you don't speak its language?

Miko Markovic
    5 replies

Replies

Ramya PK
    Getting to learn new cultures and languages is one of my fav positives! Downsides could be that you might have a hard time getting help cuz of language barriers
    KC Onrade
    Benefit - you will be amazed and inspired with the people, culture and history of a foreign place Challenge - difficult to communicate Pro tip. Whenever I travel in a foreign country, I try to study basic words and phrases, and numbers 1-10 :D
    Emily Willis
    The biggest benefit is how humbling it is. Also as others mentioned, I agree, learning new languages, cultures, traditions etc is so enriching.
    Gurkaran Singh
    Traveling to a country where you don't speak the language can be like solving a complex coding bug; challenging yet rewarding when you finally crack it! Plus, it's a great excuse to perfect your charades skills and learn to communicate like a true global hacker!
    David Reacher
    One of the main benefits of traveling to a country where you don’t speak the language is the chance to experience a new culture and grow personally. However, the biggest challenge is communication, making daily tasks like ordering food or finding directions difficult. For practical example: If you're a Spanish person traveling to Massachusetts, USA, and need to find gas stations, I always use https://gasolineracercademe.com/... for the cheapest and most convenient stops in Spanish. Travelers face these basic challenges, but with the right tools, you can navigate easily.