• Subscribe
  • What's the best screen recorder for macOS?

Tyrion Long
    8 replies
    I hope it has the following features: - Ability to record keystrokes. - Save as MP4 format. - Clip video segments. - Convert to GIF format.

Replies

Summer Graham
    Camtasia! It's feature packed, supports MP4, and lets you clip and edit videos. I believe it can capture keystrokes too.
    Rahul Parmar
    For macOS, some of the best screen recorders are ScreenFlow for its advanced editing tools, Snagit for simplicity, and Movavi for being budget-friendly. If you're looking for a free option, VLC and ApowerREC also offer good functionality.
    Ruby Lawrence
    OBS Studio is free and customizable, though it might require plugins for some features like GIF export.
    Joshua Daniels
    From my experience loom is easy to use and works well for screen recording, though for advanced editing or GIF conversion, you might need a separate tool.
    Julia Klemenc
    Kap is free and simple, with built in GIF export. For keystrokes, though, you might need an additional plugin.
    Tessa Lynch
    Snagit is a solid option. It has all those features, including GIF conversion and easy video clipping.
    Garrett Adams
    I'd recommend Screen Flow. It’s great for editing, and you can record keystrokes. Plus, it exports in MP4 and GIF formats.
    Alistair Blake Sutherland
    I've used CleanShot X and found it to be a great all-in-one screen recorder and screenshot tool for Mac. Super easy to use and has handy annotation features. A bit pricey but worth it IMO if you need to record your screen often.