When asking for feedback, how do you deal with toxic responses or people?

beni
3 replies

Replies

My Phung
Ask yourself the necessary questions to break down their responses. Most of the time toxic responses are just constructive criticism with a harsh tone. Take the feedback, ask them questions, ask yourself questions. Good luck!
Olie Fullin
Dealing with toxic responses or people when asking for feedback can be quite challenging. Stay Calm and Professional: No matter how harsh the criticism, it's important to remain calm and professional. Respond politely and thank them for their feedback. Don't Take It Personally: Remember that the feedback is about your work or product, not about you as a person. Try to separate yourself from your work and view the feedback objectively. Ignore If Needed: If a response is purely toxic and offers no constructive feedback, it might be best to simply ignore it. Not all feedback is useful or worth your time. Don't let toxic responses discourage you from seeking feedback in the future.
Gurkaran Singh
When facing toxic feedback, I treat it like debugging code - sift through the noise to find the real issue and improve it, all while keeping a smile on my face! How do you handle feedback that's spicier than a salsa made by a malfunctioning robot chef?