Founders, is it normal to ask to support your product?

Shiv Bhushan Singh
8 replies
Lastly it's a business, not charity work.

Replies

Toni
Ask for feedback instead, it is more relevant to build a powerful business. And if people can relate, they will support you. and will be more likely to convert to customers
Shiv Bhushan Singh
Yeah @toni_pm but in that case,, one need to be a little wise while asking for feedback, keeping in mind the interest and expertise of the other.
gionata capasso
Asking support is not right and will not be an indicator of validation of the product ideas because is like auto-upvoting. Instead ask for feedback and having it could be very useful
Shiv Bhushan Singh
@gionata_capasso Absolutely, I agree. Simply asking for support can indeed feel like self-validation rather than genuine interest in improving the product. Seeking feedback is much more valuable as it opens the door to constructive criticism and areas for improvement, ultimately leading to a stronger, more refined product.
Yuki
Asking for feedback makes sense, support less so - agreed!
Geetanjali Shrivastava
I have received DMs on Twitter and LinkedIn from founders who ask for support in exchange for support they have provided (or will provide). I usually look at these incoming requests as a way to discover new products, and check out their launches - but like others have said, it's more with the mindset to offer feedback, than blind upvotes. There used to be Facebook groups where one could share upcoming launches and ask for support, but I think it's very passé now.
Shiv Bhushan Singh
Yeah, actually, @geetanjalishrivastava to me It sounds like you've been actively engaged with founders seeking support, leveraging platforms like Twitter and LinkedIn to explore new products and provide valuable feedback. While the dynamic has shifted away from the Facebook group model, it's interesting to see how networking for support continues to evolve. Your approach of offering constructive feedback rather than blind endorsements seems like a thoughtful way to engage with emerging ventures