How many languages do you know?

Sree
13 replies
Just a fun question to answer. English is my first language but I also know Arabic, Hindi, and French because I was brought up in Dubai, and I know a reasonable amount of Japanese (by watching a lot of anime LOL). What was your life experience like to know a lot of languages?

Replies

Ghulam Abbas
140+ languages (using translator apps) 😂
Kabir
I know English well enough to write a dozen tech books since college :) I know Bengali well enough to scare Bengalis who think I don't know Bengali. I understand spoken Hindi about 50-60% of the time. But I don't understand Hindi music. I spoke Arabic phrases and sentences from Quran as I was forced to learn them without understanding. I speak one sentence in Spanish without translation app. I speak Klingon fluently when I am mad. JK
Benjamin Sloutsky
3: English, Russian, and understand Spanish
Sree
@benjamin_sloutsky I totally love how Russian sounds when it's spoken - it just makes you sound so cool.
Neha
don't need to know many language our bot understand more than 100+ language and reply to them.
Gurkaran Singh
Wow, that's impressive! Multilingual skills must be handy. I only speak a few languages – English, Python, Java – wait, does coding count? 😉 What's your favorite language to converse in?
Sree
@thestarkster I'll only count programming languages if you say Assembly or C 🤣 Of course, my favorite language to converse in is English because I'm most fluent in it. I also love Japanese because it exposes me to their diverse and fascinating culture.
Rupal Saini
Hinglish :). Hindi and English
JD Worcester
2: Chinese and English BUT with GPT-4o....