What would your occupation be if you lived 100 years ago?

Ghulam Abbas
33 replies

Replies

Carpenter for sure!
Yuki
@anushkakarmakar Why carpenter of all things? Not judging just curious :)
@yukioyama I love playing with wood and building small, usable things. Sadly, it pays much less than my current occupation in India. Or else, I would have explored it more :)
Yuki
@anushkakarmakar Gotcha. I actually used to woodwork and carve myself! It's super fun. Some of my buddies have been getting into carving lamps lately!
Yuki
@euler_marrie in what climate?
Chris Liam
I would've been a poet Lol
Gong Zijian
If I lived 100 years ago, I'd likely be a librarian, surrounded by the wisdom of books and the quiet stories they hold. It's a timeless occupation that bridges past and future, one page at a time.
Joseph Natoli
Considering 100 years ago was 1924, I would hopefully end up at IBM interacting with the famous tabulator computing system ;p
Moaz Ahmad
Launching soon!
Probably some job that doesn't require me to deal so much with people.
JD Worcester
Entrepreneur
Yurii Holovanov
I'd probably want to be a writer. But some kind of salt mine is definitely more realistic possibility :D
Yuki
Probably a mechanic!
Milli Sen
Doctor. It's a well-paid, elite and stable profession.
Julie Su
I could have been a telegram operator. During a time when instant communication was just blossoming, being at the forefront of telegraphy would mean connecting people across distances unimaginable before. Sending coded messages through Morse code, I would have been part of a network that was the precursor to today’s digital communication. It's fascinating to think about being a key player in an industry that revolutionized how people and businesses communicated globally.
Marienelle Cano
I think I would be a vampire 😂