ChatGPT...like having keys to a Bentley and not knowing how to put it in drive 🤪

Colby Shelton
22 replies
At least that's how it can feel for a lot of people. The feeling of 650 horsepower rumbling underneath you...but all you can think to yourself is...how the hell do you drive this thing? How does one transcend the knowledge barrier that stands between them and the power of a tool like ChatGPT and discover a place where they can effectively leverage (drive) such a powerful tool?

Replies

Eder Teixeira
The world has changed. Everything has changed, most people just haven't realized it yet. I think we are still using ChatGPT at the basic level (about 1% of its potential)
Eder Teixeira
@mirena_vasileva Thanks Mirena. The current stage of ChatGPT and AI as a whole could be compared to the amazement we had when the internet was released and we started sending emails for the first time. 10 years later, emails seems like something that's been around forever. AS amazing as this technology is, 3 years from now, it will seem like nothing more than sending an email as AI breaks new grounds and shows us new possibilities :)
Colby Shelton
@ederteixeira Gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers in this racket. Gotta get that percentage up.
Kevin Vargas
I totally get it. From someone who driven a Bentley once, it wasn’t easy to figure out which button to hit first. I had no instructions after given the fob. But it was great once I figured it out. Smooth ride. It’s great to have help available so easily.
Colby Shelton
@itskevinvargas aight pics or it didn't happen. jk. yeah imagine if you had someone that knew a thing or two sitting shotgun pointing things out for you. You'd be breaking the speed limit in no time! ChatGPT users just need a little help!
Brittany McCoy
@itskevinvargas @colbyprompt I didn't have the pleasure of driving a Bentley, but I did go to a manufactory in Germany. That was pretty sweet! I'll tell you right now I don't need anyone to be in the passenger seat to go fast though. Hehe
Neder Ghadhab
Tools are just tools. It is the person that makes the difference. If you have an idea where ChatGPT can be a boost then you will find a way to use it. Always remember that chatgpt (or rather GPT-3.5-turbo and GPT-4) are not only able to generate, but also to understand, analyze and solve complex problems that were previously difficult to solve in the best way. Imagine analyzing statistical data, or analyzing blood tests, or even analyzing the emails you send to your users, and being able to identify patterns that were more complex to spot before. If you have an idea, the tool becomes powerful; if not, you will continue to use it at only 1%.
Mirena Vasileva
@neder_ghadhab such a great answer and perspective, I believe if used correctly, AI tools can improve our lives
Colby Shelton
@neder_ghadhab Great insight. Also, tool usage takes practice. You're not going to be a pro with a chainsaw right out of the gate. It takes time. One thing to reduce the time needed is to ask for help and glean from others.
Neder Ghadhab
@colbyprompt Totally agree. It's true, if you have a bentley in your hand but you've never driven a car the risk is to crash into a wall, or if you're lucky/unlucky you can't even start it. The democratization of AI I imagine it as taking a ducati with wheels and autopilot (nice comparison huh 😂), you have all the power, but you are not required to be a driver to drive it.
Brittany McCoy
@colbyprompt I love this answer. This is why we are here. We are collaborating with others, learning for each other, and making the world of AI something we never thought possible.
Mirena Vasileva
I remember the awkward feeling when I first started using ChatGPT and not knowing what to ask. You learn over time to ask better and better questions in order to receive better answers so in a way you work on asking the right thing and daring to experiment! 😄
Colby Shelton
@mirena_vasileva Exactly. It's a gift to be bad at something for long enough to get good at it.
it's a bit like google, many people don't actually know how to find the things they need. However, even here on product hunt, there are many projects (like SaaS GPTers) trying to help people use Chat GPT to the fullest. PS. I'm not SaaS GPTers founder 😅
Eder Teixeira
@realvladgolub that's the best comparison that I've seen thus far
Colby Shelton
@realvladgolub OpenAI has definitely created an opportunity for teams to help bridge the knowledge gap for the common user by building creative and succinct tools that work with ChatGPT. And hey; a plug is a plug. Have no shame haha. My team has something special in the works and I plan to shout it from the rooftops!
Great discussion, commenting to stay updated :D
Golfo Vasiliou
And like a Bentley, it has greater value if only an elite few are allowed to use it