Grew my twitter account to 1000+ in less than a month ๐Ÿ”ฅ Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Anil Matcha
49 replies
Follow my journey here :- https://twitter.com/matchaman11

Replies

Colby Shelton
Great work! What is your plan to get to 50K?
Johannes Kรคhm
Great success @matcha_anil! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป How would you advise someone starting from scratch who wants to grow his following?
Anil Matcha
@johannes_kahm For the first 100 followers it will be a grind. Have to dm relevant people to try and connect Post 100 followers 1. Make 3 posts and 10-15 comments per day 2. Comment on accounts with high amount of followers in your niche (Use notify button to get notified at earliest) 3. Run giveaways 4. Create post content which can generate higher engagement i.e comments. Reply to comments as soon as possible 5. Build a relationship with your existing followers via dm
Johannes Kรคhm
@matcha_anil Hard work, consistency and compounding. As always. :)
Kim HM
@matcha_anil Wow, awesome job! Are you doing all of this by yourself, or is it a team effort? If it's a team, how many people are there, and how do you divide the work?
Antoni Kozelski
@johannes_kahm @matcha_anil that's really impressive! Congrats to your determination. I will use your tips for sure ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป
Jordy van bennekom
@johannes_kahm @matcha_anil Thanks for the 5-step process! For the first 100 followers - how do you find the relevant people to connect with?
Anil Matcha
@ikiok For the first 100 followers it will be a grind. Have to dm relevant people to try and connect Post 100 followers 1. Make 3 posts and 10-15 comments per day 2. Comment on accounts with high amount of followers in your niche (Use notify button to get notified at earliest) 3. Run giveaways 4. Create post content which can generate higher engagement i.e comments. Reply to comments as soon as possible 5. Build a relationship with your existing followers via dm
Giannis Kiokpas
@matcha_anil well congrats for your efforts! amazing!
Hello_Joy
Wow!!! super amazing!!!! and So curious!! ๐Ÿ”ฝ 1. All followers are your target audience? or not? 2. How do you manage your followers? 3. Could you recommend any tools for Twitter? And super congrats!!!!๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Anil Matcha
@joy_eom Yes, most followers are in my niche of AI and Indiehackers I don't use any specific tools to manage. I just use Twitter app directly Thanks a lot
Hello_Joy
@matcha_anil Thanks for sharing!! ๐Ÿ‘ You can see user details directly on your timeline on Twitter if you use Hummin! haha ๐Ÿ˜ Anyway so congrats on reaching 1000+ followers!
Hashnimo
I have 8 followers, actually I had like 10, but 2 unfollowed me. Anyway, congratulations on your achievement. ๐ŸŽ‰
Amanda Chris
can you tell us how did you did it
Anil Matcha
@_amanda_james_4 For the first 100 followers it will be a grind. Have to dm relevant people to try and connect Post 100 followers 1. Make 3 posts and 10-15 comments per day 2. Comment on accounts with high amount of followers in your niche (Use notify button to get notified at earliest) 3. Run giveaways 4. Create post content which can generate higher engagement i.e comments. Reply to comments as soon as possible 5. Build a relationship with your existing followers via dm
Michael Cho
@matcha_anil what are you DMing people about? And do you mean private message or just tweeting/replying to them?
That is amazing! Congratulations. What steps did you take to achieve that? Our team will start working on growing our Business profile and any advice would be very welcome.
Anil Matcha
@jaka_koprivec Growing an individual account is easier than growing a business account For the first 100 followers it will be a grind. Have to dm relevant people to try and connect Post 100 followers 1. Make 3 posts and 10-15 comments per day 2. Comment on accounts with high amount of followers in your niche (Use notify button to get notified at earliest) 3. Run giveaways 4. Create post content which can generate higher engagement i.e comments. Reply to comments as soon as possible 5. Build a relationship with your existing followers via dm
@matcha_anil Thank you for your insight. The notify button is a good hack :) How much time does it take you per day?
Igor Pavlov
How would you rate their engagement and real value out of 10?
Anil Matcha
@igorpavlov The engagement is non-linear due to the algorithm of twitter. But whenever a tweet gets viral the engagement is quite close to 10
Lydia Wang
Do you post your tweets randomly throughout the day, or do you have specific times for your posts?
Anil Matcha
@new_user__11320237f64128851e6330f I have seen most engagement when posting around 8 PM IST, so I make sure to make one tweet around that time. And I make 1-2 tweets at other random times
Jeevitha k
What was your blueprint to get the first 100?
Ozan
Congrats, Anil! What do you think about algorithm changes in recent weeks? Have you noticed anything that works better/worse?
@matcha_anil Hi, this is great. As a b2b brand would it make sense to use Twitter? if yes, then what would be the strategy in baby steps.
@matcha_anil yes, i've been facing that. any suggestions?
Jamie Kim
How do you find good hashtags?
Richard Gao
@jamie_kim buildinginpublic is usually the best since it has a higher number of people following than buildinpublic
Matthew Rick
Useful advice, will follow you on twitter.
Richard Gao
Ah ok, I need to follow more of your strategy then I only post once per day, and I'm curious as to how you find material to post. How do you come up with relevant stuff to post? lol
can you tell us what you did after the initial 100 users?
Niroshan Ranapathi
Congrats on hitting 1k followers so quickly! It's no easy feat in the Twitterverse. Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility...to keep posting fire content ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Indu Thangamuthu
โœจ๐Ÿฆพ Good! Are the 1000+ business or lead oriented good contacts?