• Subscribe
  • ๐—–๐—ผ๐—บ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜ ๐—ฉ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฏ๐—ถ๐—น๐—ถ๐˜๐˜† ๐—œ๐˜€๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ฃ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐—›๐˜‚๐—ป๐˜?

Hamza Afzal Butt
    10 replies
    It looks like there's a growing issue that a lot of us are facing lately, and I think it's worth bringing up. Many of us have noticed that our comments and upvotes have started to ๐™™๐™ž๐™จ๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™–๐™ง. Well, not exactly, theyโ€™re still there, but it turns out theyโ€™re only visible to us, and not to the rest of the community. This issue seems to be affecting quite a few fellow influencers and long-time contributors. It appears that Product Huntโ€™s spam-detection system is flagging accounts more aggressively, especially those with consistent commenting styles. ๐—ช๐—ต๐—ถ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—œ ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ปโ€”especially with the rise of AI-generated commentsโ€”itโ€™s a bit frustrating when genuine, long-term members get caught in the mix ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜† ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฒ๐˜…๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป. The lack of transparency here is what's been most challenging. Imagine spending time crafting thoughtful feedback, only to realize that no one can see it. Itโ€™s a huge blow, especially for those who have been part of this community for years. Has anyone else been experiencing this? And what are your thoughts on how Product Hunt can improve this process to balance moderation with keeping the voices of real contributors heard? Letโ€™s discuss and see if we can come up with some constructive ideas to make things better! ๐Ÿ’ฌ Youโ€™re not alone if this has happened to you, and I believe together we can make a positive change. (:

Replies

Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @rrhoover @rajiv_ayyangar any thoughts on this?
    Julia Zakharova
    Can't see my comment I've already bumped into since this summer
    Rajiv Ayyangar
    We had a slight issue in rolling out a new comment moderation system which resulted in some longtime community members' comments being hidden until a mod team unhid them. I believe we've corrected this now and it shouldn't be an issue going forward.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @rajiv_ayyangar Thanks Rajiv! I appreciate the quick fix and the clear update. Just wondering, could there be a way to notify users if this happens again? It might help avoid any confusion.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Thank you, Hamza, pointing this out! ๐Ÿ™‚ Happens to me too. I know that I am not a bot and the fact that I am here almost 2 years contributing everyday max. 2 posts without any automation should make me more trustworthy. Hope so. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika hopefully now Product Hunt can find a better way to recognize the difference between real engagement and spam. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Crishelle Nase
    this happened to me too, it's crazy ๐Ÿ˜ญ
    Sophia Marie Thompson
    Hmm haven't noticed any issues myself but curious what others have experienced. Is it inconsistent visibility of comments across different pages/products? Or comments not showing up at all sometimes? Definitely tag @rrhoover and team so they can look into it!