• Subscribe
  • Am I on the right path?

Antonio Di Pinto
    15 replies
    I hope everyone's having a great day! I'm reaching out because I've been struggling to find an affordable news API service, and it inspired me to build my own. I'm not here to promote a product but to seek your invaluable feedback. I've launched Feedrika, a news API service aimed at providing reliable news data at a more accessible price point. Before taking it further, I would love to get your thoughts and insights to make sure it truly meets users' needs. If you're interested in checking it out and sharing your feedback, you can visit feedrika.com. (This isn’t a promotional post, just genuinely seeking advice!) Thanks so much for your time and help!

Replies

Ezra Quentin Wolfe
    Hey there! It's great that you're trying to solve a real problem you faced by building your own affordable news API. I think the key is making sure it provides reliable, high-quality data that meets the needs of your target users. Definitely a good idea to gather feedback early on to validate the product and direction. One suggestion would be to clearly highlight on your site how Feedrika compares to other news API services in terms of pricing, data coverage, update frequency, etc. so potential users can easily see the value prop. Wishing you all the best with it!
    Antonio Di Pinto
    @ezraquentinwolfe Thank you! Yes, you're right, that is a good approach. I will improve how the value proposition is presented to the customer!
    Grayson Carter
    The struggle to find affordable news APIs is a common pain point. Your decision to address this with Feedrika is commendable. Does it offer advanced features like sentiment analysis or topic modeling? Knowing its core functionalities will help me understand if it aligns with user needs. If you share this information, I can provide more specific feedback on Feedrika's potential.
    Antonio Di Pinto
    Hi @grayson_carter1 Thank you for commenting! Yes, the sentiment analysis is supported by single article and included in the the base price, everything is based on a pay as you model, so you have always access to all the features
    Anthony Wright
    Absolutely, building your own news API service is a bold move, and the affordability aspect fills a potential need There are many factors to consider for success. Have you identified your target audience Understanding their specific needs will be crucial. Feel free to share details about Feedrika's functionalities, and I can offer insights on its potential fit within the current market landscape.
    Antonio Di Pinto
    Hi @anthony_wright2 ! With Feedrika I want to help developers with the same pain to have access to a news API that also provides sentiment analysis. So if you don't have you're own model, you can use the sentiment provided by Feedrika and start taking news-driven decisions!
    Christopher Clark
    Your initiative to build Feedrika is impressive! Finding a gap in the market and creating a solution is an entrepreneurial spirit worth following. Before diving deeper, consider what sets Feedrika apart from existing services. Unique features, a focus on specific news categories, or a user-friendly interface could be your competitive edge. Once you solidify your value proposition, I'd be happy to test Feedrika and provide feedback.
    Antonio Di Pinto
    Hi @christopher_clark8 and thank you a lot for your feedback! The real selling point that I want to push is the Pay as you go model, I don't want the developer/company to be forced to pay a subscription, and also allow me to handle one single pricing-features strategy. A feature that I always wanted is a webhook (in development phase right now), so I'm notified when something specific happens. More details here https://feedrika.com/docs/webhook I'm trying to build the UI to be less cluttered possible, giving the user a super user-friendly interface.
    Mason Julian
    It sounds like you're definitely on the right path! The news API market can be expensive, and there's always room for a player that prioritizes affordability and accessibility. I'd be happy to check out Feedrika and offer feedback on its features, pricing structure, and overall user experience.
    Antonio Di Pinto
    @Hi mason_julian and thank you for your feedback. The product it's already live, so if you want to give it a try for free, just sign-up. I'm always adding new sources and new features for the API, if you're interested, you will see these changes in a few days
    Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We appreciate your interest in Feedrika and we're glad to hear that you see the value in our news API service. Your insights are truly valuable to us as we strive to provide the best experience for our users. We hope you continue to explore Feedrika and see how it can benefit you. We are building a marketing AI called Contentify AI. It's free and easy to setup. Check out the "Launching soon"
    Abhra Ch.
    Hey @antoniodipinto! 😄 I think it's fantastic that you took the initiative to create Feedrika! It sounds like a promising solution for affordable news data. I'd be happy to check it out and provide some feedback. Your dedication to addressing this gap in the market is truly commendable. Best of luck with Feedrika! 🚀
    Antonio Di Pinto
    @abhra_ch thank you! I will definitely check your project, the AI space it's still wide open to project opportunities! Good Job!
    Gurkaran Singh
    Your initiative to create an affordable news API is like finding a rare gem in the tech jungle! Exploring Feedrika sounds as exciting as debugging code on a Friday night. Keep up the awesome work!
    Antonio Di Pinto
    @thestarkster Thank you so much for the kind words! Check it out if you want, your feedback it's really important