• Subscribe
  • Amazon is bringing everyone back to the office 5/5 days a week. What do you think ?

Toni
    10 replies
    Do you think remote work was only a phase during covid ? Or do you believe it is viable long term for a company ?

Replies

jackCheng
    I don't like it, but you can't deny that it's probably a must for big companies
    Jurijs Ivolga
    I think that it probably will limit candidate pools for Amazon. Everyone else now can hire candidate from bigger pool of candidates. Remote work will not disappear, it was there before covid and will be there after. I think at the end mandate to office will die.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    I do not like it. I appreciate my time and wouldn't like to travel somewhere just to sit at the computer. I can do the same at home and use that time for commuting to work instead. Like: Halloo! :D It is not smart.
    Alexander Kovalov
    Finally we are going back to normal. Working from home is not normal. Home is the place for family and rest. If you are alone and you do not have family - maybe it’s ok. But it is proven that if you work often in your bed - the quality of your sleep is not so good. The same with work at home - deep in your brain you associate the stress of work with your home. And suddenly you realize that you do not feel like “home” anywhere. Remote work is a dead end, whether you like it or not.
    Ashit Vora
    It's clear that Amazon made this decision based on challenges they saw internally, @toni_pm . From the outside, it's easy to speculate, but I'm sure they're addressing specific productivity concerns. At Raftlabs, a fully remote team of 50+, we've experienced similar situations. While remote work offers flexibility, it's not for everyone. We've had to part ways with talented individuals simply because they struggled with the lack of in-person accountability. Some people thrive in an office environment, and companies like Amazon may be making a necessary shift to maintain productivity.
    Han Kim
    Makes sense to me. Working from home only works in special cases - most of the time, its detrimental for productivity.
    Janak Patel
    Going back to the office full-time can boost collaboration, but it might ignore the benefits of remote work. It’ll be interesting to see how employees respond!
    Edena
    PixelFree Studio
    PixelFree Studio
    Remote work was a thing before covid, but seems to have been overlooked because of the assumption that people need to be physically supervised. However, studies have shown it can increase productivity. Perhaps this flexibility is not as optimal for bigger companies, but more of a reason to incorporate it if people prefer it and it benefits the business for smaller firms.