Are people still writing Application Letters for new jobs?

Abdullah Ghazlani
17 replies
We actually coded an app that works and writes a nice and pro application letter using your resume and the job's description. Like this post if you think that it's a good idea! THANK YOU! :)

Replies

Sue Obrien
Yes, people are still writing application letters for business operations jobs , as they remain an important part of the job application process. An application letter, often referred to as a cover letter, allows candidates to introduce themselves, highlight their relevant skills and experiences, and explain their interest in the specific role and company. Despite the rise of digital job applications and automated hiring processes, a well-crafted application letter can differentiate a candidate from others by providing a personal touch and demonstrating their enthusiasm and suitability for the position. Employers often appreciate the effort and insight an application letter provides, making it a valuable tool in securing job opportunities.
Shajedul Karim
wow! it's interesting to see an app that writes application letters using a resume and job description. in a world where job applications are increasingly competitive, tools like this could really help candidates stand out. also it sounds like a time-saver and a way to ensure application letters are tailored and professional. curious to hear what others think about automating this part of the job application process. do you guys think it's a good idea? cuz it could change the way we approach job applications.
Nico Spijker
I think it always requires a personal touch if you want to make the letter awesome. AI definitely helps with getting a first draft, prevent writers block, and brainstorm things to add though.
Chalie Clark
Yes, people still write application letters for new jobs, but the trend is shifting more toward online applications and email submissions.
Kira Ortega
Yeah, I think that people still writing Application Letters for new jobs.
Jen Anderson
There’s a subreddit called r/RecruitingHell where you can find some of your target audience.
Nonye
Yep, they are. I know am still writing cover letters which is a form of an application letter.
Kaushik Mukherjee
I think it’s good to have a cover letter. As regards to your app please make sure the responses don’t look cookie cutter. Then the cover letter becomes pointless
Abdullah Ghazlani
@kaushik_mukherjee1 Hi, thanks for the reply. But I didn’t get it when you said cookie Cutter?
Kaushik Mukherjee
@helveticaihub sorry what I meant was if the application letters start sounding the same then the effectiveness might reduce. So that is something you might want to watch out for.
Godstime Nwabue
Interesting, definitely like me.
Barry Zheng
Your app sounds like a valuable tool for job seekers! Automating the application letter process using a resume and job description could be a huge time-saver, especially for those applying to multiple positions. It also ensures that each letter is tailored to the specific job, increasing the chances of standing out. Have you considered integrating AI to enhance the personalization of these letters? This could make your app even more appealing to users.
Samantha Ealy
Interesting to hear more. How does it differentiate from pasting your resume and job description into chat gpt and promoting it to write a cover letter
Abdullah Ghazlani
@shajedulkarim_ @nicolaas_spijker @chalie_clark @kira_ortega @jen_from_accomplist @ijay @kaushik_mukherjee1 @barryzheng568 @samantha_ealy It's in french but you'll see at least the purpose of it. Once it will be released it's gonna be my pleasure to let you try it for free!
Chris at Yakjive
As someone who has done a ton of hiring in the last couple of years, simply throwing a resume at me with no detail makes it difficult to consider you. Similarly, generic or (worse) mis-addressed letters are detrimental. So if you've got something that can actually build a targeted, factual, well-written cover letter that helps convince me that you're a good candidate, great!
Kalesche Trevelson
If they ask for them, sure. I occasionally do.