• Subscribe
  • Beyond Upvotes: How Do You Measure Success on Product Hunt?

Umar Saleem
    37 replies
    Upvotes are great, but what other metrics or outcomes do you consider when evaluating your Product Hunt launch? Let’s discuss different ways to gauge success.

Replies

jackCheng
    Feedback from more real users may be more important. The ultimate goal of a product is to create value for users. By collecting feedback through publishing, we can discover some issues that may have been overlooked from the perspective of the creator.
    Umar Saleem
    B2B Rocket
    B2B Rocket
    Launching soon!
    @jack1129 Absolutely! Real user feedback is crucial for creating value and identifying any overlooked issues.
    Engagement is key for me. I measure success by the quality of comments and meaningful discussions our launch generates.
    Umar Saleem
    B2B Rocket
    B2B Rocket
    Launching soon!
    @amber_gardener Completely agree! Meaningful discussions often reflect true engagement and can be more valuable than upvotes.
    Andrew Howe
    For me feedback matters most. I look at the constructive feedback we get from the community to refine our product.
    Jonathan Grimes
    Website traffic spikes after the launch are a significant indicator of success for me more visits usually mean more interest.
    Neta Burnum
    @jonathan_grimes will this spike last for a long time?
    Halyna Borok
    Feedback and comments of people who tried a product and became users :)
    Nathan Covey
    Genuine user feedback. I honestly think the goal of PH is to help you refine your early product, so your goal should be high quality comments and feedback.
    Umar Saleem
    B2B Rocket
    B2B Rocket
    Launching soon!
    @nathancovey Agreed! Genuine feedback is invaluable for refining and improving your product early on.
    Linam Nguyen
    To me is traffic volume (by some reasons)
    Zane Ryan
    The first product in my life is about to be launched on producthunt. If you are willing to open it and learn about it, I think this is a very important metric, just like likes, which means at least someone is interested.
    Lihong Hicken
    I wonder how many people in Product hunt are here to try new product? I wonder how much more traffic can it more, can we get real users, real revenue. I don't know. I am enjoying the PH journey, but haven't seen the results yet. Can someone who has been there talk about it?
    Han Kim
    Launching soon!
    My guess would be for people to actually go on and download / try your product
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    For me, the success would be having a purchase from the launch. :D
    Umar Saleem
    B2B Rocket
    B2B Rocket
    Launching soon!
    @busmark_w_nika Exactly! A purchase from launch is the ultimate proof that your hard work is paying off
    Business Marketing with Nika
    @umar_saleem I think it is most the value the product provides. If it is valuable, it would earn money also without launch.
    Aditya Sriram
    revenue uplift is the true yardstick
    Abdul Haseeb
    reading reviews and feedback is anothe way. btw we just launched Boilerplatehub! it would be nice if you can support us
    Oleksandra
    As for me what matters is to have an exposure and people really trying the product. That is why when launching we will give 100 free memberships for our skincare and facial massage app. I come across some launches where I couldn't try the product since it was paid and no trial, or you need to set up a first call. I think this type of launches will not give what is really needed. And you can't expect product hunt alone to generate you sales.
    Kyle Henz
    Getting potential buyers and generating ROI.