• Subscribe
  • Can AI SASS products be launched with lifetime payment in the early stage?

Kensen
    4 replies
    I've been thinking recently, can SAAS applications that use APIs of AI infrastructure such as OpenAI adopt lifetime payment to attract early users? Does anyone have any practice or experience in this regard? Thank you very much.

Replies

Xinshu Ta
    I think you should launch as early as possible.
    Steven Davis
    Hi Kensen That's a good question. Its one I have considered myself for my app. However feedback from various people including accountants and business leaders advised its wasn't appropriate which was my reservation on it too because a lifetime payment (or subscription payment) needs to prove to users why a one-time payment is worth it, which can be hard to do in the early stages of a products life and runs the risk of turning users away. Instead, I have adopted for free service to provide the high level output and a low price on the other outputs that the app provides.
    Domenic Yang
    Free AI FLUX Generator
    Free AI FLUX Generator
    I think it's not acceptable. AI SaaS often implies high computing costs, and pay-as-you-go is reasonable. In the initial stage, one can lower their profits, but selling lifetime packages is not permissible.