• Subscribe
  • Can some "notify me" get removed?

Marie-Philippe Leblanc
    22 replies
    I noticed that sometimes I loose a bunch of "notify me" at the same time... by a bunch I mean 3-4 in a day. Do people actually un-notify me? I feel like we have to work so hard to grow that list and it hurts me so much when I wake up the next morning and the number is lower than a week before! Has this happened to you? Any theories out there? Ps: here is the “notify me” page : https://www.producthunt.com/products/fleso

Replies

André J
    I don't think you can un-notify, at least I can't, the button stops working after you hit it to get notified. It's probably bots that has their accounts removed.
    Coral Lauren
    bummer :( Didn't happen to me, but perhaps it is possible because there are discrepancies between PH mobile app and web. e.g. in the mobile app (iOS) you can actually see which users opted in for the "notify me", whereas you cannot see them in the website. So perhaps it is possible from the mobile app to "un-notify"?
    Marie-Philippe Leblanc
    @laurencoral That's a good therory! Indeed, it's a big bummer!
    Marie-Philippe Leblanc
    @laurencoral I thought maybe bot accounts that were deleted?
    Ksenia Meshkova
    I hope that it's a bug 🥺🙏 Best of luck, I'm still following your product!! 🍀🍀🍀
    Rahul Agarwal
    Heard it for the first time! That's really disappointing! why would anyone click on notify when they eventually want to un-notify. Anyway, let us know the link, I'll be happy to support with my team
    CY Zhou
    Hi Marie-Philippe, you can manage your notifications in the settings section of your account. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to support!
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    Haven't experienced but that's terrible. I can understand how important it is to build the momentum. Have you reported it?
    Kshitij
    Theoretically, people could just un-follow, and it takes them off the notify list, but I doubt a lot of people ever do that after choosing to support a product coming soon. I think it's more the bot thing as you said,a lot of bots/fake accounts these days.
    Kim
    Yeah, I’ve noticed the same thing! I used to get bummed out seeing my “notify me” count drop, especially after working so hard to grow it. I think people can un-notify themselves, or there might be glitches causing it.
    Katherine Connor
    a friend of mine @umar_saleem had this experience but according to PH support this doesn't happen
    Umar Saleem
    B2B Rocket
    B2B Rocket
    Launching soon!
    @katherine_connor i had like 1300+ notify on our launching soon page and it was reduced to some 1200 and this happened multiple times
    Marie-Philippe Leblanc
    @katherine_connor @umar_saleem any tips? certainly what you're doing works!
    Gurkaran Singh
    It's like a game of musical chairs with "notify me" buttons! Maybe they're on a notification diet? Keeping up with the notification trends is a challenge as mysterious as the dark web!