• Subscribe
  • Competitive Pricing or? Value-Based Pricing

Mark Lemuel M
    17 replies
    This compares setting prices based on competitors’ pricing strategies (competitive pricing) versus pricing based on the perceived value of the product or service to the customer (value-based pricing). which is better in the long run?

Replies

AnnaHo
    Both have their merits, but value-based pricing tends to be more sustainable long-term as it reflects the true worth perceived by customers.
    Alexander Galitsky
    Dynamic, to get most out of your dear customers!
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    It really depends on the market, product and other factors.
    A Momin
    There are multiple factors to look at when deciding which pricing model to choose. For Example: if you choose the value-based pricing then how much of a difference there is as compared to the competitors. Much difference can lead to loosing customer even though you provide more value.
    Yulita Nurul
    It depends on your business goals and market conditions. Competitive pricing focuses on setting prices based on competitors' prices, while value-based pricing sets prices based on the perceived value to the customer.
    Abdurrahman Yiğit
    I think competitive pricing is a race to the bottom. Since I changed my vision to value-based pricing both me and customers are more satisfied!
    Valianto
    use only competitive pricing when the market already fill with many players
    Salar Davari
    Depends on where in the market you're standing. For start ups, I think competitive pricing works better.
    Loic Thirion-Lopez
    I think value-based pricing is better for SaaS products in the long run. It aligns pricing with customer value, allowing for higher profit potential and better differentiation. This approach incentivizes product improvement, supports premium brand positioning, and can lead to more muscular customer retention. Unlike competitive pricing, it avoids unsustainable price wars, allowing for more strategic, value-driven growth.
    Liam Patrick O'Connor
    Value-based pricing for sure. Gotta maximize that customer LTV! But it's tricky to nail down the optimal price points. Any pricing tools or tactics you've found effective for maximizing revenue per customer without pushing them away? I'm thinking of experimenting with some dynamic pricing algorithms but not sure where to start.