• Subscribe
  • 📜 Do people read long-form posts?

Answer: YES and NO ✅ YES: – If you are genuinely interested in a person, their thoughts, and expertise, you are likelier to read through an entire elaboration. ❌ NO: – When the topic is boring to readers and you are not good at narrating, their attention will drift away. ☝ This matters: – The narrator's personality (authority, credibility, expertise, etc.) – The topic – The writing style – The form and medium you use (I am more likely to read the longer form in books than on social media posts.) ---------- How do you see this topic?

Replies

Dedew
    Yes, people read long posts—if it hooks them. It’s not just about length; it’s about connection. If you’re relatable, insightful, or just plain entertaining, they’ll stick around. But lose the spark? Attention gone!
    Vovik Tsybulskyi
    Yes, for sure, it depends. But I think in roughly 80% of cases, people prefer to read shorter and more informative texts.
    Anastasiya Gurevska
    If people are looking for some specific information or want to understand more about a specific topic, then of course long posts will win over short ones.
    Dan O'Malley
    Personally, if I see a long post, I'm not inclined to read it. I like short posts with bite-sized bits of information.
    Harald Frank
    Usually I scan it first to see, if it's worth the time. A clean structured writing style with visualization helps. I love @tim1 (Tim Ferriss) content, but even that is a little too long sometimes.
    Jeyoung Jung
    Launching soon!
    I tend to read longer pieces when they cover topics I’m genuinely interested in, while shorter ones are usually for quick information. I think I decide whether to read something thoroughly while reading the first few sentences.
    Isabella Wandrei
    Yes but it depends on the topic or if something about new tech
    Sergey Pavlovich 🦄
    It depends on theme
    Richard Reis
    Most Recommended Books
    Most Recommended Books
    Depends on the author... I'll still read any long (loooong) blog post written by Tim Urban 😅 And if something makes it to the top of Hacker News or Reddit then at least there's "some" signal that a lot of people found value in this article. But for everything else... Have ChatGPT summarize it 😂