• Subscribe
  • Do you bookmark Product Hunt discussions?

Sometimes, I can see many valuable posts here. Not only those educational but also questions with good feedback. Unfortunately, PH doesn't have a bookmark option at the moment. Do you save those discussions in some way? If yes, how do you do it? Screenshots? Bookmarks in the browser? Notion/Word Documents? Or a special tool? Please, share. 👇

Replies

Bon
    I usually take screenshots or copy the content and store it in Notion. I don't recommend PH adding a bookmark feature because, most of the time, people just bookmark things and never go back to organize them.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @bonvisions That's true for some people but when I speak for myself, I sometimes return for inspiration :) And it also leads to following that person.
    I personally use Word. 😀
    Kabir
    I use ShowNotes to save all the notes I want to share with the public, friends, and family. Since I created ShowNotes in January of this year, here are my stats: As it is my primary research-sharing tool, I have so much fun sharing everything interesting.
    @shownotes do you share the content you save publicly? (Because why do you have those clicks there)?
    Marvel Algara
    I personally Using a notebook lol
    Naomi | Beeyond AI
    I normally just hope and pray that I will retain all the info. 😅
    @naomigarcia Does it work? :D
    Naomi | Beeyond AI
    @busmark_w_nika Since I know for a fact that I don't have any other way to retrieve it, I usually retain a good portion of the info, I think. Sort of like the good old days when people didn't have google maps and could still navigate the whole city just by memory.
    Yep, I try also to rely on myself first rather than on the technology. Quite difficult to find a healthy ratio between what I want and what the world rushes to @naomigarcia
    Nan Do
    With browser. Hope the apps will update the tools
    William Walker
    Definitely! Browser bookmarks work in a pinch, but it gets messy. Looking for a tool that lets me save discussions and tag them with keywords for easy searching. Anyone have any recommendations?
    @william_walker3 Hello William. I think that @sgroiga created https://bookmarker.me/home Try to reach out to him because he can introduce you to what is best for your case. :)
    Anas Riad
    I didn't know this was an option. Still a newbie here haha
    Priyanka Saini
    I take screenshots if I'm using my mobile, and I save them in my Gmail drafts if I'm using my desktop.
    @priyanka27 This is also an option, but I started to copy text because when I need to search according to Keywords (CTRL+F) it is faster to find what I am searching for.
    Vauren Mathew
    I usually copy it into Obsidian.
    @vauren I didn't know they have this option too. Do you need to pay on monthly or yearly basis?
    Vauren Mathew
    @busmark_w_nika It's sort of like word, but it let's you link your notes and organize them by tags and folders - basically a free notetaking app.
    George Strunin
    I’m relatively new to PH, but I’ve already come across many valuable posts. It's a bit of a bummer that there's no bookmark option like there is for products 👍 Personally, I save interesting products and discussions as notes with a brief summary and a link whenever possible. To avoid chaos, I focus on only a few areas that interest me now and save information relevant to them. Right now, I use Tana (tana.inc) for my notes, mainly because it has a super convenient mobile app that lets me dictate notes, which are then transcribed and tagged by AI. However, I believe the key isn't the tool itself, but the motivation to continually update and use your knowledge base. It's kind of like maintaining a product backlog! 😊
    @georgestrunin Just out of curiosity... can you share the TOP post you saved? 👀
    That is crazy... I haven't been there for 4 hours and ratio 100 : 0 changed to 63 : 38.
    Annitah
    Screenshots 👌🏻
    Julia Smith
    Yep, I try to rely on myself first before depending on technology. It’s tough to find a good balance between what I want and the fast pace of the world for my wellness. https://sayulitawellnessretreat....
    Angela Ross
    New day new discussions so no reason to bookmark.
    Karen Wick
    If there is really a great discussion then I just save it on spreadsheet.
    @karen_wick Spreadsheet – do you mean in the browser?
    Doğa Armangil
    I'd say the Activities tab on the profile page is already sort of a bookmarking service, wouldn't you? It's true that you'd have to contribute to the discussion for that auto-bookmarking feature to work, but arguably that's a good thing.
    @doga_armangil Yes, but it can be lost very easy, or not? :D
    Doğa Armangil
    @busmark_w_nika I'd say "not", unless I am missing something? BTW thanks for keeping the discussion boards lively and fresh. And I'll finish this post with a square :) and leave :D for later maybe.
    Aaron Hays
    I imagine that I will be doing so. However, I've only been here a few days so far....and love it.