• Subscribe
  • Do you care about getting more Twitter followers? 🐦😁

Maxime Dupré 🔨🥹
    29 replies
    I've seen so many opinions on this subject over the last couple of years. Personally, I'm a giant fan of Twitter. I care about getting more followers for more than one reason. Business outcomes. Cool relationships. Inspiration & motivation 🤩 This is a fine day to ask this question as today I'm also hunting my own Twitter growth tool: birdy.so 🥹 https://www.producthunt.com/posts/birdy-2

Replies

Mehdi Rifai
    Depends on what you are building for B2B products it's not that important. For B2C products you absolutely need an audience whether it's on Twitter or other social media
    Mehdi Rifai
    @maximehugodupre man I like your Twitter A/B testing tool trying it out atm
    Maxime Dupré 🔨🥹
    @mehdi_rifai Exactly! That's also my template answer 😆 It's great for B2C of any kind (but especially Twitter tools, productivity apps, or even B2C aimed at indie makers/solopreneurs)
    John Koo
    @mehdi_rifai don't B2B products also need to grow some audience through social media? especially twitter has alot of professionals who can be potential customers for B2B products.
    Maxime Dupré 🔨🥹
    @mehdi_rifai @imjohnkoo Oups. Yes 😁 That's what I was trying to say in my reply above 😅 * or even B2B aimed at indie makers/solopreneurs
    Mehdi Rifai
    @imjohnkoo depends on the product but in general Twitter is more of a B2C acquisition channel than a B2B acquisition channel
    tobin thomas
    Yes, it is a long game, but its worth.
    Richard Gao
    I care about engagement more and outreach to customers, but it seems that correlates pretty well with followers
    Maxime Dupré 🔨🥹
    @richard_gao2 There's also the fact that every tweet has a much larger base reach the more you have followers. A bigger potential for virality 😊
    Yeah but it's been so slow for me!
    Maxime Dupré 🔨🥹
    @maxwellcdavis It's slow for almost everyone (there are exceptions of course). It's just a total grind 😅 A wheel that you gotta keep spinning 🥹 I see people with crazy growth. For me it's just been very consistent steady growth, without any of the fun spikes of growth I see so many people having 😆
    @maximehugodupre Yeah I know - just hard to get started 😀
    John Koo
    It seems the importance of managing social media as a channel for building audience and engagement never been bigger. I'm also putting a lot of effort.
    Maxime Dupré 🔨🥹
    @imjohnkoo I totally agree 🤝 It's a huge time suck, but in the end it pays off 😊 See my launch from yesterday for proof 😁
    John Koo
    Thank you, @maximehugodupre. I love social media management apps. For twitter, I'm trying out apps and saas like Tweethunter and Blackmagic. I'll give it a try!
    Maxime Dupré 🔨🥹
    @imjohnkoo Awsome 😎 I'm a big Blackmagic user myself 🙌
    Basharath
    I think Twitter has that concentrated audience for most things, especially for devs. I didn't realize this for a long time. Just 1.5 months ago I started becoming serious about Twitter and becoming serious about LinkedIn too soon :) That's why I built this solution viaNotion.com for Twitter and LinkedIn 😀
    Basharath
    @maximehugodupre Haha. Not yet active. First I should make the most out of Twitter and then I'll try with LinkedIn 😍
    Maxime Dupré 🔨🥹
    @basharath Nice 😎 Good for you with LinkedIn. I'm not ever going near LInkedIn 😆
    Bakemono Fra
    Yes I do! But it really can take a looong time aha
    Maxime Dupré 🔨🥹
    @bakemono A lot of blood sweat and tears 😅
    Carter Michael
    I plan on developing and focusing on Twitter later this year. Right now other things are taking a priority, however, I don't know if I'll care necessarily about followers. I think engagement is a lot more important. Followers are great for social proof, but we've all seen accounts with 100k+ followers that are struggling to get adequate engagement to match that. I'd rather have 1000 followers that are thoroughly engaged in my niche than 10,000 that follow me because an unrelated piece of content goes micro-viral.