• Subscribe
  • Do you feel guilty or anxious when you have free time?

Demetre Mildiani
    5 replies
    Just wanted to research how consciousness is working for people like us. are we all stressed, are we actually laid back and relaxed? what fules us?

Replies

Andreas Sohns
    I used to feel guilty about having free time too, but now I see it as crucial for recharging and staying productive.
    Demetre Mildiani
    I feel like this feeling goes and comes in waves, it's closely related to work load, the higher the burnout, the higher the anxiety, the more tasks and responsibility you perceive is put on you the bigger the guilt
    Kehui Guo
    😭😭😭 this speaks to my heart… I get anxious so easily when I feel like I’m not doing anything/learning anything new:(((
    Hitha Boorla
    This is quiet interesting. But it's true it happens, we get so driven to work and have this perpetual need to keep being productive that when you do have some time away from that work it feels weird.
    Dominic Heath Remington
    I definitely feel some guilt and anxiety when I have too much free time. It's like my brain tells me I should be doing something 'productive' instead of just relaxing. Though I think a bit of that feeling can be healthy to keep us motivated. As long as it doesn't get out of control and prevent us from ever taking breaks. I'm curious what others think - do you all feel similar guilt/anxiety with lots of free time or are you able to fully relax and shut off that nagging voice?