Do you prefer using freelancing websites to find talent, or do you rely on personal connections?

Katrina Bain
5 replies
Hello, Hunters! Feel free to discuss your networking strategy. Your involvement is the key to improving Prometheus, our product that simplifies deal completion and provides transparent monitoring of workflows. Join our Discord and share your perspective: https://discord.gg/fuvfNZWA

Replies

Dima Braven
It depends on the job and usually all the guys from my connections are fully employed.
Sonya
I trust networking and acquaintances more, you can see the real results of projects, and such personal connections often impose more personal responsibility
Eugene Yarovoii
It depends directly on the project - you can search for something simpler and more creative yourself, but you want to trust more complex and serious projects to someone you've already heard about
Nonye
I believe that talent can be found anywhere, you just have to trust your guts in making your choice. Sometimes personal connections can fail.
Filippo Pietrantonio
If I have a personal connection that could do a good job, then I'll go 100% to them first. However, they can be busy, slow and not very responsive (they will use the excuse that they know you...). So in a realistic situation, I would go straight to freelancers and benefit from geo-arbitrage.