• Subscribe
  • Do you use Test Automation?

Paul Sapnik
    16 replies
    If so, I'd love to know what you're using: Playwright, Cypress, or a codeless tool (like DoesQA). If you don't have automation tests, why not? Is it because of the time investment or the costs, or do you just write perfect code?

Replies

Arthur
    I recently started using DoesQA. The codeless approach is perfect for quickly setting up automated tests without deep coding knowledge.
    Jonah Muye
    Never Heard of It! Test automation? Is that like having a robot double-check your work? Sounds fancy, but I'm not sure how that applies to my everyday job. Maybe it's more for programmers or something?
    Herklos
    Yes, we use test automation extensively. All our backend core functions are automatically tested with Continuous Integration (CI), and our open-source code is also rigorously tested. However, we recognize the need to invest more in frontend testing, which we find to be more challenging. We're currently working on OctoBot (https://www.producthunt.com/post...), and both @guillaumemdsm and I are committed to improving our testing coverage.
    Brigid Stewart
    I prefer using DoesQA for codeless test automation. It’s straightforward and doesn’t require much setup, saving me a lot of time.
    Cole Adam
    I stick with Cypress for end-to-end testing. The ability to test both the front and back end in one tool is a huge advantage.
    Oliver Charlotte
    I use Playwright due to its fast execution and reliable performance. It handles complex testing scenarios really well.
    Darly Selby
    I automate tests using Cypress because of its real-time reloading feature and strong community support.
    Rebaika James
    I rely on Playwright for its comprehensive API and powerful browser automation capabilities. It makes multi-browser testing seamless.
    Steve Joe
    I find Cypress to be the most user-friendly tool for test automation. The built-in commands and assertions simplify writing tests.
    I appreciate your interest in test automation tools. Each tool has its advantages and can be beneficial depending on the specific needs of your project. It's great to see the range of options available for automation testing. We are building a marketing AI called Contentify AI. It's free and easy to setup. Check out the "Launching soon" at (insert link here).
    Lorenz Sell
    We use Github actions to do some basic automated testing on every deploy. It's helped stabilize our production server.
    Sam Smith
    @lorenzsell GitHub actions is for running deployments, which test framework / tool are you using within it? Cypress, Playwright, DoesQA?
    Gurkaran Singh
    I've dabbled with Playwright and Cypress in my automation quests. It's like having tech-savvy sidekicks to ensure my code's behavior stays in line! How about you? Embracing the automation wizardry or enjoying the manual coding rollercoaster?
    Ezra Quentin Wolfe
    Yeah, we use Cypress for our end-to-end tests. It's been a huge time saver and helps us catch bugs before they get to prod. Highly recommend it if you're not doing any automation testing yet. The initial setup takes some work but it's so worth it in the long run.