• Subscribe
  • Does Customized Cover Letters Still Matter in 2024?

Ghulam Abbas
    13 replies
    AI tools are getting more powerful every day, that's true! Even applying for jobs is getting easier. You might even think cover letters are becoming completely irrelevant. But for fresh graduates or those applying for their first or second job, a tailored cover letter can make all the difference. It's your chance to showcase your skills and achievements—to brag about yourself in a way that most people aren’t taking full advantage of. And if you think it's too time-consuming or hard, we’ve got you covered with We're launching it next week, and we'd love for you to give it a shot, for FREE! 👉 If you like it, keep using it. 👉 If you don’t, just tell us about your experience. And we'll do our best to make it better. See you in the launch day 🚀

Replies

Quico Benford
    I totally agree that tailored cover letters still hold value, especially for new grads or those early in their career.
    YanXu
    I think it is a combination of issues, if you are a newcomer and have little experience then cover letter customization is not important, if you are an experienced person, then you are looking for the company's corporate culture determines the importance of your cover letter!
    Anna Sulejewska
    I think they do. You want to stand out of the crowd now more than ever. I created some ChatGPT prompts to make the process of writing easier and worked just fine for me: https://productiveimpact.com/p/w...
    AI Marketing by Martekings
    AI Marketing by Martekings
    Personally I hate cover letters, message is good but I prefer to say why I'm here, what I bring to the table and why I chose you on the call
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    Good Luck Bro with your upcoming launch!
    murph
    Obviously this is anecdotal, but I'm hiring for an analyst role at a venture-backed healthcare tech startup now... I understand this is a launch post for a cover letter tool, but honestly they don't really matter to us. Only one applicant out of dozens included a cover letter. It did not make a difference in this case. Employers dealing with large volumes of resumes are filtering based on keywords in resumes and linkedin profiles to make the initial screen more manageable. If you can't get past the initial resume filter, cover letter can't move the needle.
    Soni Kumari
    In 2024, customized cover letters still hold significant value. They offer an opportunity to stand out by highlighting specific skills and experiences tailored to each job.
    Karen Cravens
    I’m really on the fence about the relevance of cover letters nowadays. With so many job applications, it feels like most get overlooked.
    Honestly, I’m a bit skeptical about the importance of cover letters in this AI-driven era. Most recruiters barely skim through them, and many companies rely on automated screening tools that prioritize resumes.
    Rowan Maxwell Everett
    As someone who has hired many people over the years, I still believe customized cover letters absolutely matter in 2024. Even with AI tools getting more powerful, a well-crafted cover letter shows you've put in the effort to learn about the company and role. It's a great opportunity to highlight accomplishments that are most relevant for that specific job. I'm curious to try out MeetCoverletters and see how it helps streamline the process while still allowing for that personal touch. Looking forward to the launch!
    Nicholas Ryan Carter
    Cover letters can definitely still make a difference in 2024, especially for new grads or those early in their careers. Even with AI tools, a personalized cover letter helps you stand out and showcase your unique skills and experience. Excited to check out MeetCoverletters - having an AI assist with crafting tailored cover letters sounds super helpful and a big time saver! 🙌 Looking forward to the launch next week!
    Benjamin Thomas Clark
    Customized cover letters are definitely still relevant in 2024! Especially for early career roles, a well-crafted, personalized cover letter can really set you apart and showcase your unique qualifications. MeetCoverletters sounds like a great tool to make the process easier. I'm excited to check it out when you launch next week and share my experience. Looking forward to seeing how it can level up my job applications! 🚀