• Subscribe
  • Does ProductHunt need a messaging feature?

Kabir Singh Shekhawat
    4 replies
    I think there is a lot of friction involved if you want to connect to people on ProductHunt. There is no way to send a simple "hello 👋" to anyone here and I end up using LinkedIn or Twitter for the same, which means I cannot connect with profiles that don't have socials linked 🫠

Replies

Jasper Elliot Sinclair
    A built-in messaging feature on PH would be super handy for connecting with other hunters directly. Right now the friction of having to find people on other platforms kills a lot of potential conversations and collabs. Even just a simple DM feature to say hey would go a long way in building community here. ProductHunt, plz add this! 🙏
    Abhra Ch.
    @kabir_singh_shekhawat You make an excellent point! A messaging feature on ProductHunt would definitely reduce the friction and make it easier to connect directly with the community here. It would open up more opportunities for networking and collaboration 😄. Imagine being able to instantly chat with a maker of a product you love! 😍 I'd love to see this implemented. What do others think? 🤔
    Kristan Servidad
    Totally agree! Would also be helpful if we could search up people by interests as well, and then be able to create public groups.
    Gurkaran Singh
    Connecting on ProductHunt without messaging is like coding without coffee - possible, but definitely missing a key ingredient! Maybe a virtual "hello" button could bridge this gap? 🚀