• Subscribe
  • Does sending people a direct link to your launch decrease visibility?

Daniel Zaitzow
    16 replies
    I've had a number of people reach out to me without a link to their products - I wonder if PH has a flag system in place for that type of behaviour. Seems a little silly to have that a permission / contingency VS not cracking down on folks who clearly pay for upvotes haha. Any insight?

Replies

Oliver Charlotte
    there might be no issue
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @oliver_charlotte1 is there a chance there might be an issue? I have heard mixed things.
    Experienced the pay-for-upvotes thing too. But sharing product link is not a problem.
    Julia Zakharova
    hmm, actually, I've long been encouraged to share the link. You don't need to buy votes, you can see that right away. It's better to hire a marketer for that money).
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @julia_zakharova2 totally - I just wonder if they reward organic search - I have been getting more and more messages to the effect of "can you search for our product on PH and then give us an upvote" VS hey - check this out and see if you link it (Link)
    Andreas Sohns
    Sending direct links to people might not impact any issue.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    @andreas_sohns might not? haha yea that is how I feel - it might not .. but it might.
    My3 Murthy
    Following because I am interested in knowing more about what the community thinks! Great question
    JD Worcester
    Great question, tbh i've heard mixed things - can an experienced Hunter or PH admin clear this up?
    Ayhan Dzhemalov
    I was sending direct links for our previous launch, we got 230 upvotes and were #9 - no issue at all.
    Gurkaran Singh
    Sending a direct link to your launch can actually boost visibility by providing easy access for potential users or investors. As for flagging behaviors, Product Hunt might have its secrets, but cracking down on paid upvotes seems trickier than explaining quantum physics to a toddler.