• Subscribe
  • Freelancing in the Tech World

Nitesh Jamod
    30 replies
    Is freelancing becoming the new norm for IT professionals? What challenges do freelancers face in terms of job security and benefits? How can companies better integrate freelancers into their workflows?

Replies

Scarlett Matt
    Freelancing in tech definitely offers flexibility, but balancing multiple projects at once can be tricky. Time management is everything!
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    I think that many people who are employed → want to freelance. Many people who freelance → want to create a business (or product) not to sell hours.
    Elena Tsemirava
    I’ve been freelancing for two years now, and I’m really happy with it. There’s less job security, of course, but the pay is much better. As for integration, it mostly depends on the company culture. In my case, I have a good relationship with my manager, who helpt me integrate.
    thina samin
    It has become.
    Gaby Korablyova
    Freelancing is definitely the new norm for IT professionals. After all, it is very convenient and supposedly less expensive resource in every sense💪
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    I feel like those who don't want to go to a 9-5, this is a ideal working scenario.
    Antoine Levy
    I think there are a few trends that are interesting for this question. Distributed work and a general reluctance to full-time employment in younger generations. Many young people are looking to travel while working and that's been catalysed by Covid-led remote work. Also many can't explain why you would work a 9-5 you are not passionate about and wait years before you make a good living and have a sense of responsibility when there are examples of people building/creating/whatever on the internet and enjoying fast returns. (I don't necessarily agree.) So yes freelance is going to grow and companies will have to articulate the benefit of working for them in new ways.
    Nitesh Jamod
    @antoine_levy Freelancing is set to grow as younger generations seek flexibility, travel, and faster returns from online ventures. Companies will need to rethink their value propositions, offering more autonomy, passion-driven projects, and a strong culture to attract talent in a distributed work environment.
    Valianto
    one of the bad side of freelancing is may face inconsistent income and lack of traditional employment benefits like health insurance or retirement plans
    Rickon Turner
    I love Freelancing because of flexibility
    Sophia James
    Lack of Benefits 😪
    Sheldon Grizzard
    Freelancers have no job security
    Eleanor Garrettss
    IN freelancing projects can end abruptly, and finding new clients can be a constant challenge.
    Chriss Brat
    Freelancers may not be eligible for the same unemployment benefits or other social programs as employees, making them more vulnerable to financial hardship.
    Rahul Parmar
    Freelancing in tech offers flexibility and endless opportunities to grow!
    Emily Grace Thompson
    Yeah man freelancing can be tough... lots of people dream of being their own boss and having more freedom... but reality is you end up chasing down clients, hustling for gigs, and working long hours. Creating your own product or biz is the way to go long-term if you really wanna break free from trading time for money. Takes a lot of work to get there tho! Any tips from folks who've made the transition successfully?
    Nitesh Jamod
    @emilygracethompson Freelancers who’ve successfully transitioned to creating their own products often start by building a strong personal brand and a niche audience. Focus on solving a specific problem, leverage your network, and reinvest earnings into scaling your product or business for long-term growth.
    Bryan Williamson
    The freedom is great, but sometimes job security can feel shaky. Building long-term client relationships really helps with that."
    Phoebe Marshall
    The tech world is perfect for remote freelancing. Many tech-related tasks can be done from anywhere, giving freelancers the flexibility to work from any location.
    Kushal Gandhi
    Freelancing is definitely becoming more common for IT professionals due to the flexibility and diverse project opportunities. However, freelancers often face challenges like inconsistent job security and lack of benefits such as health insurance or paid leave. To better integrate freelancers, companies can streamline their onboarding, communicate clearly, and offer long-term collaboration opportunities, treating freelancers as an essential part of their extended team.
    Nitesh Jamod
    @kushalgandhi Thanks for sharing these insights! It's so important to find that balance between flexibility and support for freelancers.
    Alice Saunders
    Hey there! With tech like blockchain, AI, and quantum computing taking off, I think it's super important for IT folks to keep learning. The pace of change means staying current is a must.
    Charlotte Pierce
    For companies working with freelancers, it’s crucial to make them feel like part of the team. Clear guidelines and regular updates can really help with this.