• Subscribe
  • From 0 to 400$ in a single week with my first Product Hunt launch.

sushil
    3 replies
    My recent product hunt launch was a huge success, getting 200+ upvotes, being the #8 product of the day, and making 400$ in a week I did it all with zero investment but hard work and strategies. Product: https://directoryhq.stackai.co/ In this post, I'll share the behind-the-scenes of how I made it happen. Idea: When I was building my side project in public, I see a lot of founders, Indiehackers struggling with the distribution. One day, in a Twitter comment I see a lot of people asking for directories and marketplaces to promote their startups, but it was all the same 5 directories again and again. That's how I got the idea of creating a database of premium directories to launch, promote and sell software products. Why I built it? At the beginning of this month, I lost my job and at that time I got no money to build my side project (www.stackai.co) and also got no money to pay some bills. So I decided to build a mini-project to fund my main project and also to get some money to pay bills. That's why I built https://directoryhq.stackai.co/ out of blue and launched it on the product hunt (My first launch) How did I build it with NO money? I spent $0 on building this, even if I want to I cannot. This is my tech stack: - Database - Airtable free trial (You'll get $10 credits if you invite someone to airtable, I invited 2 of my friends and paid for an upgrade) - Dashboard - Google sheet, Built the user guide, How-to's (It was simple and efficient) - Design - Canva (Pitch decks, Images, GIF) - Landing page - Initally used Softr then asked a programming friend to build me a landing page and I'll help him with marketing his product in the future. (Earn some good friends) - Github - free version - Supabase - free version - Domain - I didn't even have money to buy a new domain, so connected this one on a sub-domain with StackAI. - Payment - Lemon squeezy (Incredible support team) I didn’t do anything remarkable or growth hacked, it's just about making the most of what I had. Hope this will help you to just launch with what you have without waiting for a perfect moment, the moment you launch is your perfect moment.

Replies

Karthik Tatikonda
    Congratulations Sushil 🎉
    Congratulations! It's inspiring to see how you built and launched your product with no investment, just hard work and creativity. Keep up the amazing work!