• Subscribe
  • FY 2023 OKRs β€” Are you on track to hit them? πŸ€”

Mick Essex
    18 replies

Replies

Jaspar Carmichael-Jack
    Yes, I am on track to hit my FY 2023 OKRs. I have made significant progress in all areas, and I am confident that I will be able to achieve my goals by the end of the year. I am committed to continuing to learn and improve, and I am excited to see what I can accomplish in the years to come.
    Mick Essex
    @jasparcj sounds amazing, keep up the good work!
    Raju Singh
    Not really. Sometimes, I believe not knowing or being aware of a lot of peripheral factors makes us plan something that doesn't work out. How has been your exp Mick and how do you see and plan unknown variables?
    Mick Essex
    @imraju Hey Raju! I agree; sometimes, you can get in your own head about hitting specific numbers that you put together a year before anything happens, which ends up causing you to make irrational and sometimes dangerous decisions. We are in such a volatile world that it makes it seem sort of silly in a way, BUT having a plan is essential, I believe. That being said, the plan must be rooted in empirical data + a keen understanding of projected trends and forecasts + an honest conversation about accessible resources. I plan for unknown variables by rating them: 1) likely variables, 2) potential variables, and 3) unlikely variables, then setting up contingencies for each. But even then, they are, at best, guesses lol
    Raju Singh
    @mick_essex thanks Mick. Thats a cool way to track and tag risks. I do tshirt sizing method and it works mostly for me. The real battle is always taking bets on people, when they come and timing them being really productive. These are outside variables that has caused most deviations this year for me. How do you mitigate people risks?
    Tiange Ling
    Everything is on track. Keep working!
    Johannes Kraus
    Yes, we are using the Ai functions of Notion and have created OKRs, KRs and connected weekly tasks! Works quite well tbh.
    Mick Essex
    @johannes_kraus_13 I love Notion! I use it everyday :)
    AmazingSylvia
    -travel finished. -Job hopping finished. -Learning Spanish started. -Reading more books. The number is not enough.
    Hanna from Niceboard
    @sylvia_sheng sounds like me! Fellow spanish learner, traveler and just picking up my reading habit again.
    Saurabh Ajitesh
    Hopefully! Fingers crossed
    Christian Tsanov
    Don't use OKRs for personal goals, to me having direction and a list of things at the beginning of the year helps more. Then on a regular basis I review and check in which department I'm falling behind (e.g. health. professional, family, etc.) and make a plan
    Mick Essex
    @christian_tsanov Agreed Christian! See the reply I just left above
    NicolΓ² Marchesi
    Weeeeel. We grew +230% in usage last year, and we wanted to grow as much... right now we're at +180% so we're still not there but there's another month before 2023 ends :D
    Mick Essex
    @pethron wow very nice! You guys can do it!
    Kane
    Launching soon!
    Haven't touched an OKR in two years since I ditched the cubicle life for entrepreneurship πŸ˜‚.