• Subscribe
  • Got any tips for balancing work and life when your office is your home?

Fahri Eskici
    6 replies
    One tip that worked wonders for me is setting clear physical boundaries. I designated a specific room for work, and once I step out, I switch off from work mode. This separation helps me unwind and enjoy my personal time without the constant reminder of work. What about you?

Replies

Julia Engelsmann
    I think setting boundaries is really important. As a student I don't have a separate room for work, but I make clear time boundaries. I often use the pomodoro technique, which helps me focus on work and to finish my tasks. Afterwards I have the feeling, that I was productive so I can relax when I'm done!
    Fahri Eskici
    @julia_engelsmann I’ve heard great things about the Pomodoro technique. I think I’ll have to try it out myself.
    Ceren Ersöz
    Same here! I’ve also added a couple of activities that get me out of the house and away from my work and living space. For instance, taking a walk at the end of my workday has been really helpful. It's great for my mental well-being too.
    Gurkaran Singh
    Oh, setting boundaries is key! It's like debugging code - you need to isolate the issues to keep the program running smoothly. How do you keep your work-life balance on point in your cozy home office setup?
    Fahri Eskici
    @thestarkster Absolutely! You’re spot on. Even though I’m not fixing bugs every day, I still find myself needing to reorganize my desk daily, lol.