• Subscribe
  • Has Anyone Used an AMD Ryzen Laptop for Video Editing or Graphic Design? How Was the Performance?

Danielle Morris
    4 replies
    Hi everyone, I’m considering getting an AMD Ryzen laptop specifically for video editing and graphic design, and I’d love to hear from anyone who has experience using one for these tasks. Here are a few things I’m particularly curious about: Performance with Editing Software: How well do AMD Ryzen laptop perform with popular video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or DaVinci Resolve? Are there any noticeable lags or slowdowns? If you’re using an AMD Ryzen laptop with a dedicated GPU, how does it handle rendering and exporting videos? Does it provide a significant boost in performance? For graphic design tasks alongside video editing, is the RAM sufficient for smooth multitasking? How many applications can you run simultaneously without performance issues? How does the laptop manage heat during long editing sessions? Does it throttle performance when it gets too hot? I appreciate any insights or personal experiences you can provide. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Replies

Kerry Rivera
    Ryzen 9 with a dedicated GPU works great for rendering in DaVinci Resolve. Exports are fast, and it doesn’t overheat much, even during long sessions.
    Iris Carr
    Rendering and exporting with Ryzen 9 + RTX GPU is super fast. Handles large projects well, and I haven’t noticed any significant slowdowns.
    Elido Dial
    I’ve used a Ryzen 7 laptop for video editing in Premiere Pro, and it handles 1080p projects just fine. No major lags, but for 4K, you’ll need more RAM.
    balhazar
    using Ryzen for both graphic design and video editing. As long as you have 16GB of RAM or more, multitasking is smooth, no issues running Photoshop and Premiere together.