• Subscribe
  • How can we help users quickly onboard a complex gateway product?

Choosy.L
    5 replies
    We're designing a gateway product that requires a strong technical background. The process from deployment to completing the first example often takes a significant amount of time and requires users to understand various technical concepts. Given this challenge, especially for users in technical fields, what are some effective methods or strategies we can use to help users quickly onboard and get hands-on with the product? We’re looking for suggestions on how to reduce complexity and provide a smoother learning curve for users, while still maintaining the depth of functionality.

Replies

Nancy Le
    I'd suggest creating a step-by-step guide that breaks down the process into manageable chunks. Also, offering interactive tutorials, videos, and real-world examples can help make the learning process more engaging and effective.
    An
    VHire
    VHire
    Launching soon!
    @nancy_autonomous Yes, I also think real examples are important. The same goes for video guidelines, but the length of the video should be no more than two minutes.
    Siddeshwar Patri
    We've found step by step interactive guides to be the most effective while onboarding users. Full disclosure: I am one of the cofounder of Fable, an interactive demo platform that can help you create step by step guides with AI.
    James Yang
    Maybe consider creating a short/mini series on 'Getting started with X' where you have 3-5 short videos (2mins) that run over the initial setup/onboarding process so users who don't want to book a demo can get setup on their own. Alternatively, if they have already signed up and are paying then offering a personalised onboarding (30-60mins) where you or someone on your team helps them get started might smooth out the initial steps. We find users who sign up and aren't paying typically aren't that receptive to hopping on demos...
    Peter Lisoskie
    I'm a SaaS Founder. We've created a cool new tool called Relatable that creates interactive video experiences where your viewers can choose their own experience through your onboarding process and by asking the to engage and answer questions, they go on a learning experience that is personal and relevant to them. You can show your depth of functionality, while the Founder or CEO is presenting to educate, build trust, and relationships. It matches how behaviors have shifted - no one wants to be sold, everyone wants to buy. Relatable can support your entire customer journey from initial attraction, to consideration, to customer acquisition, onboarding, and loyalty.