• Subscribe
  • How did you come up with the name for your startup?

Deniz Hadzhaoglu
    35 replies
    Hello everyone! I want to change the name of my product, I found a more catchy name, but the name I found has no story. What is the story of your product's names?

Replies

Jake Tital
    I did a godaddy search and also asked for feedback from my inner circle
    Deniz Hadzhaoglu
    @jaketital I found midi.so from this search but i can't decide
    Tornike Tsiramua
    Hi Deniz, great question. In our case, we were brainstorming the names - each day we were writing down 50 names, doesn't matter whether stupid or good (cause in brainstorming and ideation there are no stupid ideas), we had about 1000 names and then we picked one.
    Tornike Tsiramua
    The name is Biliki (Georgian name - Means the trail), it's Georgian, simple, and related with traveling
    Deniz Hadzhaoglu
    @tornike_tsiramua1 Wow 1000 quite good number! I created 20 or 30 name ideas :d and I chose MindGenie. However, the other day I bought "midi.so" for a very cheap price and it seems very logical to use it as a "midi calendar" and it is very catchy. Do you think I should change it?
    Tornike Tsiramua
    @hadzhaoglu MindGenie I think it's good. Midi Calendar is too obvious, I would go with MindGenie.
    Ivan Chukhryaev
    I highly recommend going through godaddys domain auction list, it's almost guaranteed you will find something you like. This way you get your name + domain with that exact name
    Rick Johnson
    @ivan2102 This is actually so smart
    Deniz Hadzhaoglu
    @ivan2102 I like this! It is really smart idea, i will try!
    Claudiu Cogalniceanu
    Tbh, I asked ChatGPT. It took me 2 minutes to find one I liked
    Deniz Hadzhaoglu
    @claudiu_cogalniceanu The things he suggested to me were very bad. What is the name of your product?
    Claudiu Cogalniceanu
    @hadzhaoglu the name of my startup is Sentrya. I guess you have to fiddle with GPT until it gets it right
    ᗰᗩ᙭ ᒍ.
    @claudiu_cogalniceanu Thats also a way, “don’t overthink it” 😅
    Deniz Hadzhaoglu
    @claudiu_cogalniceanu Maybe yes :D I like your startup's name btw it is fun to say it
    Claudiu Cogalniceanu
    @hadzhaoglu haha, it is :) It reminds me of the sentinels from X Men
    ᗰᗩ᙭ ᒍ.
    For Bara we had names before that all just didn’t really bring the meaning and weight we wanted, So since it’s an audio to documentation AI, we thought why not go the Tesla way and name it after someone! After some research we found the person we where looking for “Barbara Blackburn” who was recognized for her fast typing speed using the Dvorak keyboard layout. Seattle Times reported speed: 212wpm on a Dvorak keyboard 🫢 While our AI is much faster, I think it’s a cool way to let her talent live on. ❤️
    Deniz Hadzhaoglu
    @maxjacobs Wow your product's name is really something!! I like the story of behind!
    ᗰᗩ᙭ ᒍ.
    @hadzhaoglu Thanks I’m glad you like it!
    André J
    When brainstorming names for my open source projects, I find https://www.namelix.com to be a great tool.
    André J
    @hadzhaoglu You can also use ChatGPT / perplexity etc. generate lots of ideas fast. It's all about having enough connections and trying to connect them. IMO
    Deniz Hadzhaoglu
    @sentry_co Actually my product has name, MindGenie. But I bought a domain name 'midi.so' 3 days ago. I can't decide which one is better
    André J
    @hadzhaoglu Nice domain catch. It's a keeper! MindGenie Is nice too, maybe a bit hard to say and write. What about something simpler?
    Deniz Hadzhaoglu
    @sentry_co I used it before but I think I wasn't lucky :(
    Mateusz
    I already decided for a boat as the logo, so I went with some boat word And boom - galeonn.org, hahaha
    Deniz Hadzhaoglu
    @galeonn hahaha, my logo resembles the letter 'M,' and I tried to find a name that starts with 'M.' Finally, I found 'midi.so.' :D
    Deniz Hadzhaoglu
    @eren_socialclub It makes so much sense! 3 very good names I found were eliminated because of this :( congratulations on the launch by the way! I opened the notification and I'm waiting!