• Subscribe
  • How did you find your first customers?

Olena Bomko
    48 replies
    How did you land your first customers? For me, it's LinkedIn.

Replies

We built an entire referral system in-app just so we could avoid allocating time and resources for social media outreach. Has worked out well so far; considering we got 100% organic growth as of now.
    @slimmy82 Thank you! We built our own, you can check it out inside the app. You can find it here at www.lettre.app
    @atik_hossain that’s phenomenal. Congrats. Did you build it all out custom or utilized a pre made solution?
    Hiresh Bremanand
    LinkedIn is useful
    Philippe Wellens
    @hiresh_b do you use ads or organic posts?
    Olena Bomko
    The LinkedIn Inbound Playbook
    Hiresh Bremanand
    @pwellens i try to connect with people who look like a potential user
    Adithyan Selvaraj
    First customers are mostly people in your inner circle like friends, family, relatives or someone with the problem that you can help to solve.
    Olena Bomko
    @ken_itox What do you sell?
    Ken Ito πŸ„
    @olenabomko used for my Saas pdfdodo.com. Was quite good at getting converting users.
    AmazingSylvia
    I made a cold call lol
    Unofficial Product Hunt Chrome Plugin
    @sylvia_sheng Was it nerve wracking? I respect your courage!
    Olena Bomko
    @sylvia_sheng Really? What do you sell?
    AmazingSylvia
    @olenabomko Actually I was VP of AIESEC organization in my uni, so it basically a oversea volunteer project lol
    AmazingSylvia
    @jgani Yes it weird at first but I feel I am so braved lol
    Yurii Gerasimenko
    to be honest, they found me themselves, I just posted.
    @lamon Where did you post?
    Yurii Gerasimenko
    @slimmy82 A new social metaverse has arrived to fix broken social media! Uhive promises to change the world by sharing wealth and freedom of speech with its users. Join us now to stand up for the future! uhive.com/invite?c=4PBILA Use this code: 4PBILA
    Yurii Gerasimenko
    @jgani A new social metaverse has arrived to fix broken social media! Uhive promises to change the world by sharing wealth and freedom of speech with its users. Join us now to stand up for the future! uhive.com/invite?c=4PBILA Use this code: 4PBILA
    Yurii Gerasimenko
    @slimmy82 Play PlayZap Games with me and win lots of rewards. Use my coupon code 98Y1Q and win a sign up bonus. Download the app playzapgames.page.link/open
    Olena Bomko
    @lamon @jgani The same question.
    Philippe Wellens
    @mehul_fanawala does that mean you have many potential customers in your direct Linkedin network?
    Olena Bomko
    @mehul_fanawala My favorite 😍
    I think I have the best story :) Context: Software engineers who are on the bleeding edge are moving on from Agile/Scrum to Shape Up, a new philosophy invented by the popular software company Basecamp. My app helps teams implement Shape Up on Jira and Trello. Story: Soon after we launched, Ryan Singer (the author of Shape Up) tweeted about our app. He also posted it on LinkedIn, which was reposted by Basecamp's founders Jason Fried and DHH. For those who don't know, they're all famous people with a combined LinkedIn followers of 210K+ people! We got a few customers from the posts, to say the least. I don't know how to post an image here, but here's the proof -> https://twitter.com/JonniGani/st... References: Here's the free Shape Up book authored by Ryan Singer -> https://basecamp.com/shapeup Here's Ryan's post on PH about Shape Up 4 years ago -> https://www.producthunt.com/disc...
    Olena Bomko
    @jgani What a story! Amazing 😍 How did Ryan find you? Twitter?
    @olenabomko I never asked Ryan explicitly, but I think it was from a message that we posted to a Shape Up forum. You seem to be a big deal on LinkedIn Olena :) Why did you make it your primary channel over Twitter or Medium?
    Amelia Charlie
    Through my personal network. I reached out to friends, family, and former colleagues to let them know about my new business. I also attended industry events and meetups to network with potential customers.
    Felix Pernat
    I created a small post on a local platform to find my first customers. By delivering great service, I got recommended. Today, I would focus more on classic "direct marketing", like pitching services or products to business owners face to face.
    Jessica Herman
    Through cold outreach. I used email and social media to reach out to potential customers directly. I personalized my messages and offered something of value, such as a free consultation or a discount on my products or services.
    Faiza Adeel
    By Social Media Marketing-Organically
    Yurii Gerasimenko
    #Avive - Proof Of Networking Protocol If you missed #BTC and #ETH, do not miss #Avive πŸ‘‰Click this link to register https://m.avive.world/register/?...
    Yurii Gerasimenko
    Come trade with me in Revel! Download the app and use Referral Code LaMoN and we can both earn extra rewards. https://www.revel.xyz
    I’m in beta phase so I used my network, then spread out to social media groups in the same industry. Reddit got me about 30 or so beta testers from one post. Was super helpful. Looking forward to launching where though!
    Huudle AI Project Assistant
    @slimmy82 did you give any promotion for the beta testers on Reddit? 30 people is amazing!
    @mehmet_yitmen1 nope, was just genuine and asked for help.
    Leotrim Lota
    LinkedIn and Reddit are useful
    Yurii Gerasimenko
    ΠŸΡ€ΠΈΠ±Ρ‹Π»Π° новая ΡΠΎΡ†ΠΈΠ°Π»ΡŒΠ½Π°Ρ мСтавсСлСнная, Ρ‡Ρ‚ΠΎΠ±Ρ‹ ΠΈΡΠΏΡ€Π°Π²ΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ сломанныС ΡΠΎΡ†ΠΈΠ°Π»ΡŒΠ½Ρ‹Π΅ сСти! Uhive ΠΎΠ±Π΅Ρ‰Π°Π΅Ρ‚ ΠΈΠ·ΠΌΠ΅Π½ΠΈΡ‚ΡŒ ΠΌΠΈΡ€, подСлившись богатством ΠΈ свободой слова со своими ΠΏΠΎΠ»ΡŒΠ·ΠΎΠ²Π°Ρ‚Π΅Π»ΡΠΌΠΈ. ΠŸΡ€ΠΈΡΠΎΠ΅Π΄ΠΈΠ½ΡΠΉΡ‚Π΅ΡΡŒ ΠΊ Π½Π°ΠΌ сСйчас, Ρ‡Ρ‚ΠΎΠ±Ρ‹ Π²ΡΡ‚Π°Ρ‚ΡŒ Π½Π° Π·Π°Ρ‰ΠΈΡ‚Ρƒ Π±ΡƒΠ΄ΡƒΡ‰Π΅Π³ΠΎ! https://www.uhive.com/invite?c=4... Π˜ΡΠΏΠΎΠ»ΡŒΠ·ΡƒΠΉΡ‚Π΅ этот ΠΊΠΎΠ΄: 4PBILA
    Yurii Gerasimenko
    A new social metaverse has arrived to fix broken social media! Uhive promises to change the world by sharing wealth and freedom of speech with its users. Join us now to stand up for the future! uhive.com/invite?c=4PBILA Use this code: 4PBILA
    priyanka prasad
    I found it on community groups- Twitter& FB