How do we balance work and personal life without sacrificing either?

Ayşegül Çorok
13 replies
Achieving a work-life balance is important for our overall well-being, but it can be challenging to balance the demands of work and personal life. Let's share our experiences and strategies for finding a healthy balance between work and personal life.

Replies

meetheverse
Finding the right balance between passions, personal and professional life is not easy. But once you figure it out, you'll be a winner for life!
Matteo Tiscia
I always find this super tough! And lot of the time I don’t achieve a good balance. But realigning what my priorities are always helps. I write down the things in my personal life that are important and I want to focus on. It just helps me remember the things I enjoy/are important to me outside of a work context
Gloria Russell
I've learnt to set limits and prioritize as a data scientist. The key has been to set out certain time for business and personal activities and to keep to that schedule.
srprs
This is a question that I have already asked myself, a question that you are asking me today, and certainly, a question that I will continue to ask myself in every new stage of my life!
Jordan Ellis
I've been struggling with his problem for years. When I'm productive with work I'm sacrificing my personal life, then when I try to spend more time outside of work, my productivity goes down. As somebody who works for themselves, I think the expectations of how productive you should be prevents you from finding a balance you're happy with. I've been finding that doing sprints of work (for a couple weeks at a time), then taking a longer amount of days off works well.
Talia Basma
This is hard, especially depending on your work and personal life situation. I usually try my best to log off on time and remember that work is *work*. I could be fired without a moments notice unfortunately and I should do my work and that's it. Easier said than done though as I have stayed online extra several times. Having a trusted college has helped as we ping each other "no more working today" and then we can go about our personal lives and enjoy it.
Michael Cho
I find it hard since in both areas you could keep going indefinitely - there's always more work and there's always more personal time to be enjoyed :) I try to reach a feeling of contentment with both, knowing when it's "enough" for the day or week. Then the tank feels low in either department if you spend too much time away from either and I try to refill the tank again.
Dale Castro
Balancing work and personal life requires setting clear boundaries, prioritizing self-care, and communicating your needs effectively to maintain a healthy equilibrium without sacrificing one for the other.
Oswald Soto
Without compromising either job or personal life, we may achieve a healthy work-life balance by setting limits, learning to prioritize, and scheduling regular time for self-care and meaningful interactions.
Tanzirul Huda
I completely agree with you. Finding a work-life balance can be difficult, but it's crucial for our mental and physical health. Personally, I try to establish a set schedule and prioritize my tasks. I also make time for activities that I enjoy and help me relax, such as reading or exercise. It's important to set boundaries and communicate them with your employer and loved ones. If we take care of ourselves outside of work, we can be more productive and effective when we're at work.
Joanne Hurley
I think the habbit of taking a pause (even just a day off) and evaluating how you currently feel, are you neglecting an area of your life without knowing it? You can set yourself boundaires and goals but the balance is constantly shifting and your life constantly moving so what works for you one year, may feel different the next so taking set pauses every so often I think helps to just sit with yourself and how you are feeling, and what you may want to do about it.
Kathy Turner
You have to set a clear boundary between work and "me" time. Don't adjust to any of them. Don't work on the weekends, don't lounge around during workdays.