• Subscribe
  • How do y'all feel about getting usability feedback from AI?

Daniel Kuh
    4 replies
    I've been helping give feedback to people in sub-reddits and ux stack exchange. The response has been pretty well received **as long as I don't mention AI gave the feedback**. Wondering what the community here feels about AI driven feedback? Assume that the feedback is actionable and helpful towards your business and user goals.

Replies

Jacob Nathaniel White
    AI can potentially provide useful insights for usability feedback, but I would be cautious about relying on it too heavily. AI models are trained on existing data, so their suggestions may reinforce existing design patterns rather than proposing truly novel solutions. They also lack the real-world context that human testers bring. I think AI-generated usability suggestions are best used as a supplement to, not a replacement for, feedback from real users. It's a tool that can highlight potential issues to investigate further with actual user testing. Just my two cents! I'm curious to hear others' experiences and perspectives on this.
    Daniel Kuh
    @jacobnathanielwhite Thanks for sharing! I've been using littlebro.app for a couple months now (a product I created) and it's been game changer at my job. I work as a product designer at an ui/ux agency and it's saved me so much time. It doesn't do a perfect job but it definitely takes the burden of creative block and gets the ball rolling in terms of execution. I've realized in my work that truly novel solutions are very risky. This is because we've all developed such strong user behavior with all the other apps we have. To introduce a new user behavior would be awesome but also pretty tough to get right. I've found AI feedback to be an awesome tool to help me think through a problem from angles I haven't thought of before. The solution may not be novel but it helps me think through a problem holistically.
    Ronald Young
    Using AI for usability feedback is an interesting idea that's worth exploring carefully. It could provide quick insights, but AI may miss nuances that humans would pick up on. I'd suggest using AI feedback to supplement, not replace, feedback from real users. And be mindful of potential biases or inaccuracies in the AI models. Overall, AI usability feedback is a promising tool but not a complete solution on its own. What has everyone else's experience been with it so far?
    Daniel Kuh
    @ronaldmmm love this train of thought. What kind of nuances are you thinking? I'm building littlebro.app which is a design feedback tool. I've been managing designers and helping them level up in their career for a few years now so i'm putting all that experience into my prompts (and chain prompts). I haven't thought about nuances though, it's a bit intriguing.