How do you balance 1) marketing and 2) developing?

Maurizio Isendoorn
12 replies
I am currently spending 50% of my time on marketing and 50% on developing, but once we launched, more time will probably go to marketing. What about you?👇

Replies

Business Marketing with Nika
I cannot speak for that developing part but I can pinpoint some things related to marketing: – I attend forums to learn more about the strategies of other people. – Compared to benchmark approaches. – Constantly learning from videos, articles, and courses. – Trying to implement and test some of them on me. It is like a list of activities I try to stick with. Not perfect but it can help.
Yuki
@busmark_w_nika What forums are you attending? And thanks for all the resources you sent over!
Zion Huang
As a programmer founder, I used to spend too much damn time on developing and found out a well developed product is nothing without being seen by people. Now I am about 50/50 and still feel I should put more time on marketing. BTW, marketing is fun.
Maurizio Isendoorn
@zion_huang I hear that often. But it’s great to hear you’re aware of it. I’ll probably have to go to 10/90 eventually😂
Yuki
@zion_huang Friends with a TON of developers out here in the bay and this just seems like a right of passage 😅. How have you been picking up marketing? Kind of in a similar spot as you
Yuki
@zion_huang Yeah, that's the perfect analogy dude! So true, we're all in search of a starving crowd. And cool yah i've also been spending a ton of time here and reddit. Landing page looks great. I think focusing purely on early users and using any revenue generated to put back into growth makes sense!
Balancing marketing and development is like walking a tightrope; it requires constant communication between teams to align on priorities and timelines. A successful strategy often involves setting clear, measurable goals for both areas and regularly reviewing progress to ensure both are moving in harmony towards the company's objectives.