• Subscribe
  • How do you balance creativity with productivity in your daily routine?

Prasad Lingawar
    14 replies
    Been struggling with this lately

Replies

Constance Tong
    I usually started with creative work and then move to routine tasks.
    That's What You Said!
    That's What You Said!
    I usually focus on creative and deep work in the early morning and prefer mundane tasks and meetings in the second half. Another thing that works for me well is to change the place of work when you are stuck or have hit a creative block.
    Ogaga John
    Rayna UI - Free 500+ Components & UI kit
    Rayna UI - Free 500+ Components & UI kit
    Set aside time for creative work and get things done. Know what you want to achieve and break big tasks into smaller ones. Take breaks to rest and recharge. Limit distractions and get into the zone. Figure out what's most important and do those things first.
    Ripha T
    I find that starting my day with a creative task helps set a positive tone.
    Chaity Okpalanozie
    For me, it's all about setting specific time blocks.
    Blake Harper
    I like to mix things up throughout my day. I’ll spend a chunk of time on a project, then take a break to do something creative, like writing or playing music.
    Cole Adam
    Changing my environment helps a lot. Working from a café or park sparks new ideas for me.
    Luke Wright
    I alternate between creative tasks and routine work. It keeps things fresh and helps me stay on track.
    Ash G
    I start my day with a morning ritual—like some light stretching or a quick walk, then tackle my top tasks first. I also take creative breaks to brainstorm, which really helps recharge my brain. I keep wabi-sabi in mind—embracing imperfection helps me not stress too much.
    leonjackee
    Finding that balance can be tough! I’ve found setting specific time blocks for creative work really helps—kind of like giving yourself permission to be creative as apkskeeda without distractions.
    Anmol Momin
    I think motivation is the key factor in bringing creativity. If you are not mentally in the right frame of mind and not motivated/driven you will never achieve creativity. Creativity requires a peaceful mind. I've faced this last year and took me a while to understand this. That's one of the many reasons why I also developed a Motivation App. I'm soon launching it on Product Hunt.
    Richard Reis
    Most Recommended Books
    Most Recommended Books
    To increase creativity = Go for a walk. To increase productivity = Drink caffeine.
    Brandon Lee Mitchell
    Totally get this! I try to do my most creative work in the AM too when I'm fresh. Changing locations def helps bust through blocks. Another thing I've found useful is taking quick exercise breaks to get the blood flowing and reset mentally when hitting a wall creatively. Even just 10 mins of jumping jacks or a quick walk outside can make a big difference in my experience!
    Benji
    Find myself working more towards productivity for at least 6 to 10 hours a day to keep my income steady and spend my free time and weekends per say being creative and trying new things.