• Subscribe
  • How do you deal with embarrassment?

Udaya Sri
    11 replies
    I need some tips on this because I keep embarrassing myself.

Replies

Marc-Oliver Gewaltig
    Embarrassment is always in the eye of the beholder and in 99% of the cases your fear of it is bigger than what other people actually think. People also tend to reflect your own emotions. If you look embarrassed, they will behave to amplify this feeling. But if you act as if it is absolutely normal, people will also behave like this. Remember the tale "the Emperor's New Clothes"? Try it out - do something (harmless) that you think would be embarrassing, but own it. You'll notice that your environment will not even notice.
    Udaya Sri
    @mogthesify Exactly! This is really reassuring. Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely keep this in mind!
    YanXu
    As long as you're not embarrassed, it's everyone else who is.
    Udaya Sri
    @all_appp_games This will be my go-to slogan whenever I'm in an awkward situation. Thank you!
    YanXu
    @udaya_sri Haha, you're welcome.
    Max Zhang
    Maybe try to acknowledge the feeling without dwelling on it, and find humor in the situation if possible—it can lighten the mood and make it easier to move on.
    Udaya Sri
    @defatom I also think mixing in some humor with embarrassment can make it feel a bit less awkward. Thanks for the advice!
    Ruby Josephine Winters
    Totally agree that the embarrassment is usually way overblown in our own minds! It's all in how you carry yourself. Act confident and like it's no big deal, and most people won't think twice about it. Hard to do at first but once you fake it a few times, it starts to feel natural. Reminds me of the first time I had to give a big presentation and was sure I looked super nervous, but afterwards people said I seemed really calm and collected. We're often our own worst critics!
    Ashir Murtala
    Dealing with embarrassment can be tough
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    Remind yourself that you are human and it is okay!