• Subscribe
  • How Do You Deal with Unreasonable Refund Requests?

Max
    3 replies
    It's incredibly frustrating. You work hard to create a product that genuinely helps people, only to have customers come back and ask for refunds after they’ve fully benefited from it. My team and I established a clear non-refundable policy from the outset to prevent this exact situation. Yet, here we are, dealing with requests that completely disregard the terms they agreed to. When I get these requests, my initial reaction is to ignore them. But I worry that some might file a credit dispute, which could lead to even bigger losses. How do you handle situations like this?

Replies

André J
    Just refund it. At least then they are not unhappy. Unhappy customers lead to bad reviews etc. Esp the vocal ones.
    Michael Turner
    Yeah refunds can suck but better to just eat the cost than risk bad reviews and unhappy customers IMO. Esp the really loud, annoying ones who you know would blow it up. Not worth the headache!
    Katrina Rodriguez
    It's painful, but in my experience the best thing to do is give the refund. It disarms an unhappy customer and leaves the door open for them to return as a customer in the future. Also agree with the other comments here that unhappy customers can risk bad reviews and vocal, negative publicity.