• Subscribe
  • How do you decide when to automate a task in your business? 🔄

Casper Brix
    14 replies
    Personally, I like the idea of "3 strikes" If a task occurs 3 times, everyone should ask themselves "can we automate this?" Worst case, it leads to a more streamlined process, even if we can't automate it 100%.

Replies

Nathan Covey
    I like this 3 strikes concept!
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    @nathancovey What's that about, nathan?
    Nathan Covey
    @vaibhavdwivedi Read the post description 😅
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    When you've enough revenue to reinvest.
    Benjamin Lewis Anderson
    I automate a task when it starts taking too much of my time consistently. Like if I have to manually generate a report every week and it takes an hour each time, that's when I know it's time to automate that sh*t! Zapier has been a life saver for connecting different tools and making things run on autopilot. Highly recommend checking it out if you aren't automating stuff already!
    xavi
    3 strikes idea is good, but I think we also need to look at the ROI, how much of the effort saved, as we could prioritize on tasks with better ROI. So may be we should ask "should we automate this"
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Agree with this. To repeat something takes so much time and energy. I would rather spend it finding new solutions for new problems :)
    Dany
    Launching soon!
    Yeah, I agree! Goes with the saying work smart, not hard! :D This is similar to our inspiration to create our product (LoonaLabs) where we automate things that take up time and effort, so we can skip the tedious or monotonous steps and focus more on refining and polishing our work instead.
    Tessa Lynch
    I use a similar approach if a task is repetitive and takes up significant time, it’s a candidate for automation. Even if it’s not fully automatable, it’s worth exploring.
    Garrett Adams
    For me, It's about frequency and consistency. If a task is done regularly and follows a clear pattern, it’s a good candidate for automation to free up team members for more strategic work.
    Summer Graham
    I look at tasks based on their impact on efficiency. If automating a task could save a considerable amount of time and reduce errors, it's time to consider it.
    Obsolution
    It comes down to the cost to automate it and if the thing that’s reoccurring is something that is really taking up as much time as you think. I am all about effeciency but sometimes you may spend more time trying to build something to automate the task than the task is actually taking. If it will impact revenue (positively) and the ROI is there then that’s the best time to automate something.
    jackCheng
    I think we need to evaluate the investment in automation and the actual benefits. maybe automation is not always good.