• Subscribe
  • How do you handle feedback and critiques from clients or stakeholders?

Diane Hall
    7 replies
    Question to all designers: how do you handle feedback and critiques from clients or stakeholders?

Replies

James Tseng
    Our job as designer is to help solve other people's problems. Being a good listener and knowing when to challenge your own views will almost always lead to better output. Also, it's really not about us if you think about it.
    Marek Tracz
    As a designer, I'm a big believer in accepting criticism and feedback with a smile since there's nothing wrong with it. When clients or other stakeholders express their opinions, I listen intently to understand their viewpoint and expectations. Building trust with clients via open communication and close collaboration results in great design outcomes that satisfy everyone.
    William Clark
    Embracing feedback with an open mind, I use a systematic approach to catalog, prioritize, and implement constructive critiques from clients or stakeholders, turning potential challenges into opportunities for enhancing our product and fortifying relationships.
    Vincent Lonij
    Thread - Wireframe Generator
    Thread - Wireframe Generator
    Getting people to tell you why your product sucks is really hard. People have a tendency to just say nice things. When someone does you a real favor and tells you the truth, just be grateful.
    Irina Ivashchinenko
    Critics and feedback are good. This is free testing and bug finding.
    Heleana Grace
    While I work in video production and not design, I can totally understand what you feel regarding feedback. Some clients can be super neutral and tell you exactly what they would like changed while others seem to enjoy tearing your project to shreds. My personal "hack", if you will, is that I try to detach myself from the project as soon as we send the first draft. I think of it as "this is not mine anymore, this is a video like any other that I come across on YouTube." Personally, this helps me look at the video in a much more objective way which makes it much easier to handle critique.
    Katherine Collins
    I handle feedback and critiques from clients or stakeholders by actively listening to their concerns, understanding their needs, and promptly addressing any issues by implementing changes or clarifications, ensuring that I maintain open communication, demonstrate flexibility, and strive to align our goals to achieve a successful collaboration.