• Subscribe
  • How do you hire new employees for a startup?

Patryk Pijanowski
    28 replies
    Hi, what is your process for hiring new people? I'm curious where do you look for them and what do you do one step at a time?

Replies

Saige Makenna
    For my startup, I usually start by posting job listings on niche job boards and reaching out to my network for referrals.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    I once heard that one guy hires people (fresh graduates) according to their publicly available diploma thesis. It is more likely they are interested in the topic + they are not so slapped by reality, still have an enthusiastic and positive approach :D I have never thought about that before like that. :D
    Ella Reye
    I prefer using freelance platforms initially. After working with someone for a few projects. I consider offering them a full time role.
    Henry Collins
    Our first hires came from networking events. It’s a great way to meet passionate people who might be a perfect fit for the team.
    Briella Porter
    I focus on soft skills first and then check their technical capabilities. Startups need adaptable people, so that’s always my priority when hiring.
    Rajesh Sahni
    For my startup, finding the right cultural fit is crucial. Technical skills can be learned, but passion and alignment with our company values are essential.
    Scott Todd
    I showcase my startup life on social media, the fun, the challenges, the everyday hustle. It gives potential hires a realistic picture and attracts people who are excited to be part of the journey.
    Jos Bish
    For me, a standout developer has a solid portfolio and excels in coding challenges. I love seeing how they tackle real-world problems and apply their skills beyond just answering interview questions.
    Henry Lindsey
    I usually start with referrals from my network and then post on niche job boards. During interviews, I focus on their problem solving skills and enthusiasm for the startup’s mission.
    Brandon Grant
    For my startup I use Linkedln, and Angel List to find candidates. After shortlisting, I always prioritize culture fit during interviews.
    Gemma Lyons
    I start by asking for referrals from people I trust, then I look for candidates on startup focused job boards. The key is to keep the process simple and personal.
    Daniel Blake
    I've had luck finding candidates at industry meetups and events. Sometimes the best hires come from personal connections and those face-to-face chats.
    Scarlett Matt
    I look for candidates who are genuinely excited about our mission. It’s not just about skills; finding someone passionate about what we do makes a huge difference.
    Eunice Tizhe
    @scarlett_matt what's your organization name?
    Vitaly Aver
    Based on recommendations from experts or good reliable friends. If I can't find anyone, then I'm just looking at different employee recruitment sites🙌
    Liam Tim
    Our staff recruitment involves a high-tech mix of personalized headhunting and LinkedIn stalking, we then sit down for coffee with each candidate to figure out if they’re the right fit.
    Sean Cooper
    I begin by outlining what the role requires and where to find suitable candidates, like through LinkedIn or industry groups. I then screen resumes, conduct multiple rounds of interviews, and sometimes give a small project to gauge their skills before extending an offer.
    Osian Knowles
    My hiring process includes drafting a clear job description, leveraging LinkedIn and joob boards for sourcing, and conducting thorough interviews.
    Nathan Trevino
    When hiring for a startup, I start by 1. defining the role and writing a detailed job description. 2.Then, I look for candidates through job boards, LinkedIn, and startup networks. 3.The process includes screening resumes, conducting interviews, and checking references before making an offer.
    Haider Technical
    if you need seo expert, i can manage your projects
    Ruby Josephine Winters
    For a startup, I'd try to find people who are passionate about the problem space and mission, even if less experienced. Look at their side projects, GitHub, writing samples to get a sense of their thinking and work. Hire for potential, drive and cultural fit over just credentials. Get referrals from your network. And give promising but inexperienced hires opportunities to learn and grow with the company. The early hires really shape the culture and trajectory so choose carefully!