• Subscribe
  • How do you manage burnout? Especially with launches.

Olive Haus
    26 replies
    Sometimes, taking too much time off makes coming back to work sound awful, even if it's something you enjoy. What helps you get back to work, even when there's so much that needs to be done?

Replies

Igor Lysenko
    I try to control this and spend more time relaxing, without thinking about work at all.
    Igor Lysenko
    @amanintech Just constantly thinking about work can have a bad effect on a person; if your attention is transferred to something else, then productivity will not subside.
    Olive Haus
    @ixord Now that's a real power move. Thank you for reminding me to do that. I struggle with this, though. If I try to think about not thinking about it, I'm just going to be thinking about it more ๐Ÿ˜ญ Maybe after launch ๐Ÿ˜…
    Burnout can be tough, especially during launches when there's so much to do. One thing that helps me manage burnout is taking small breaks throughout the day to recharge.
    Olive Haus
    @felix_f_tao Breaks? What's a break? Sounds painful ๐Ÿ˜† I'm kidding, though. I make sure to enjoy at least 15-20 minutes of rest every few hours, but lately, it's like I have no time for anything other than work.
    Markk Tong
    For me, what helps is taking small breaks throughout the day to recharge, whether it's going for a walk, doing some deep breathing exercises, or even just taking a few minutes to listen to my favorite song.
    Olive Haus
    @markk0217 This is the way *cue Mandalorian meme* I have my launch playlist on repeat all day. Maybe everyone should share their launch music playlist ๐Ÿค”
    Rihab Zaidi
    As a team, we try to schedule our PTO on the same period or at least close so we don't miss a lot and we don't have work piled up when we're back. For the launches, it's all about preparation, delegation, and taking it easy: Prepare everything you can beforehand to clear your launch day as much as possible; Delegate tasks to the team and take breaks - as a maker who just launched yesterday, I can tell you that everything can wait as you enjoy your lunch (oh and keeping tabs on the number of upvotes is not good for your mental health lol)
    Andrรฉ J
    Just find work you enjoy, and you won't feel that way, in fact you will never want to take time off ๐Ÿ˜…
    Olive Haus
    @sentry_co I love what I do ๐Ÿ˜ but I also need sleep, exercise, and food, and I'm not great at dealing with the stress of launching ๐Ÿ˜…
    Roland Marlow
    Unless I end up in the hospital, I just keep going.
    Daisy
    Prioritize and plan: Start by making a to-do list and prioritizing tasks based on their urgency and importance. This will help create a clear roadmap of what needs to be done and prevent feeling overwhelmed.
    Olive Haus
    @h_nh_phan1 I start every week planning out every to do that needs doing. I then block out my time for the entire week. Inevitably, I skip a few breaks that I've intentionally scheduled on my calendar so that I can keep working, but that's only during launch week ๐Ÿซ 
    Arlie Rutherford
    I take a lot of notes on my mobile phone, but I'd say the type I take the most is probably work-related tasks and ideas. I find myself jotting down project plans, meeting notes, and brainstorming sessions quite frequently.
    Olive Haus
    @arlie_rutherford I heard someone recording a voice memo into their phone of a random thought they had, and I got both secretly jealous and horrified ๐Ÿ˜พ It's probably so much faster to record thoughts that way, but I just can't help but type it out myself, and the thought of speaking my thoughts out loud in public terrifies me ๐Ÿ˜ฑ That said, I use OneNote and Iphone notes pretty regularly, but I really need to start sorting my notes, as they're a bit disorganized.
    Poul merry
    Burnout can be tough, especially during launches when there's so much to do. One thing that helps me manage burnout is taking small breaks throughout the day to recharge.
    Olive Haus
    @poul__merry It's true. Sometimes I eat a snack and find my thoughts drifting off and suddenly I've taken a break ๐Ÿ˜…
    Ling Tien
    Just constantly thinking about work can have a bad effect on a person; if your attention is transferred to something else, then productivity will not subside.
    Olive Haus
    @sania_mary That's a good point ๐Ÿ‘ Switching focus to a different project for a time definitely helps me get my focus back. Wait ๐Ÿ˜ฎ does playing video games count? ๐ŸŽฎ
    Simon Rosner
    Olive Haus
    @simon_rosner Does taking the dog out count as a break? Maybe shovelling snow ๐Ÿ˜… I'm in a blizzard right now ๐ŸŒจ๏ธ
    Markk Tong
    having a supportive team to lean on and collaborate with can make a world of difference. Sometimes just talking through challenges with a colleague can provide a fresh perspective and help me get back on track.
    Carter Michael
    Take time to yourself, be easy on yourself, and maybe cut out the things that are distractions that take up a ton of time.
    Michael Gammon
    Paddle boarding Olive, and reading, never fails and we launch in 2 weeks!