• Subscribe
  • How do you pick daily upvotes?

Vijay Kanth
    18 replies
    I’m actively involved in exploring and upvoting new products on Product Hunt, but I often find myself unsure about how to consistently pick the best ones. I know that upvoting plays a significant role in helping products gain visibility, and I want to make sure I’m contributing meaningfully by upvoting products that truly resonate with the community and solve real problems. I’m sure you have your own criteria and strategies when deciding which products to upvote. I’d love to hear how you approach this process.

Replies

Veeresh Devireddy
    I upvote products which are: - Innovative - Great design - Solves real problems - Technologically advanced
    Yisha
    I'd vote for original thoughts, even if it's very niche.
    bo
    More picky, looking at function and design
    Yanlin Wu
    sometimes you know whether a product is worthy of an upvote by reading the introduction of the maker. understand their motivation, try their products, and you will know the answer.
    Dedew
    Each day, my upvotes on Product Hunt are like ‘investing in the future of ideas.’ I look for products that make me think, "Why didn’t we think of this sooner?" Simple, useful, and able to make life easier or more fun. If a product makes me say, "WOW," it’s an instant upvote!
    Julio Medina
    I go through and see what appeals to me the most and then I dig in from there.
    David Patrykowski
    I think giving a chance to some products that maybe do not have that many upvotes. Since some of them have really good ideas but probably didn't know how important it is to build a strong community prior to the launch.
    TJ Larkin
    Launching soon!
    Usually I base my upvotes on use cases that appeal to me.
    Daniel Zaitzow
    Takes some time - oftentimes if people seem nice and they have asked for support - they get priority - also if the tool looks really slick/a ton of effort went into it.
    Aaron Kow
    Launching soon!
    Hi @dzaitzow, I noticed you’re launching soon and wanted to take this opportunity to connect. Would you be interested in supporting each other’s work?
    Prince Virani
    take a part in discussion
    Federico Magni
    Original thoughts is the key.
    Simonas Kauzonas
    I look for genuinely helpful or innovative products.