• Subscribe
  • How do you prioritize relationships while scaling your startup?

Anton Ponikarovskii
    26 replies
    As founders, it's easy to get caught up in the grind. For those of us trying to balance personal relationships (especially with partners) while growing a startup, how do you ensure both get the attention they deserve? What’s your strategy to avoid burnout and strengthen your connections outside of work?

Replies

Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    It’s all about balance—regular check-ins, setting boundaries, and making time for the people who matter, even when things get hectic. Prioritizing quality time over quantity keeps relationships strong.
    Anton Ponikarovskii
    @bilalasif Great point! Balance is key. I find that even short, intentional moments with my partner make a big difference. It’s all about being present when you’re together, even if it’s just for a little while.
    Misna Aira
    You can schedule special time with your partner and communicate well so that your partner can understand your condition. If possible, delegate some responsibilities to a team or trusted person, so you can have more time for your personal life. 😉👍🏻
    Anton Ponikarovskii
    @misnaaaairaaa Thanks for the advice! 😊 I totally agree, communication is key. Delegating is something I'm working on, and setting aside intentional time with my partner definitely helps keep that balance. 🙌
    Alexander Galitsky
    Sounds unrealistic
    Anton Ponikarovskii
    @ag94 Thanks for your comment! It can definitely feel that way, but it’s all about small, intentional efforts I believe.
    AnnaHo
    It's all about setting clear boundaries and prioritizing time for both. I schedule dedicated time for relationships and self-care to avoid burnout and stay balanced.
    Anton Ponikarovskii
    @annaho2000 Thanks for sharing! Totally agree—setting boundaries and carving out that dedicated time makes all the difference. It’s a constant balance, but so worth it.
    Sergey Bakaev
    Oh.. what a tricky question :) I think I'm on the way to understand how to do it best..
    Anton Ponikarovskii
    @thxgrey Totally agree, it’s definitely a balancing act! I’m still figuring it out too, but I think it’s all about being intentional with both—setting aside dedicated time for both work and your relationship. And knowing when to unplug is key!
    Edwin Griffin
    I make sure to carve out weekends or evening for downtime with the people I care about. it helps me recharge and reminds me of what I’m working for.
    Anton Ponikarovskii
    @rocky_kumar4 That's a great approach! Taking time for loved ones really does help reset and keep everything in perspective. Balance is key!
    Jaime Lawson
    For me,its all about quality over quntity.even if i can only spend little time with my partner or friend make sure its meaningful nd without distractions
    Anton Ponikarovskii
    @jaime_lawson Totally agree! It's not about how much time, but how intentional that time is. Even a short moment can feel special when you're fully present.
    Carlos Cruz
    I just remind myself that my relationships are just as important as my startup. Finding small ways to show appreciation daily keeps things strong, even during the busiest time
    Anton Ponikarovskii
    @shakira_english Great point! It’s the little things that make a big difference. A quick check-in or a small gesture can go a long way in keeping that balance.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    I think that relationships are crucial (with the right people) those business as well as personal. When I feel very low, certain people can uplift my mood so after hanging out with them, I feel more "stepped away" from business-related problems and my mind is cleared when it comes to solving difficulties.
    Anton Ponikarovskii
    @busmark_w_nika Totally agree! Having the right people around makes a huge difference. It's amazing how just spending time with them can help clear your mind and give you a fresh perspective on everything. Thanks for sharing!
    Rick Fan
    Sider for iOS 2.0
    In fact, it’s best to be mentally prepared for some imbalance before you actually start a business. Things won't always go exactly as we plan.
    Anton Ponikarovskii
    @rick_fan Thanks for your insight! I agree, balance can be tough. Being prepared for those ups and downs definitely helps, and finding ways to adapt along the way is key.
    Katerina Dedyulya
    Whether it’s with my team or partner, I make sure to check in regularly, crack a joke or two to keep things light, and remind everyone that we're all in this together
    Anton Ponikarovskii
    @katerina_mirrart Love that! Keeping things light and staying connected is key. It’s all about those small, meaningful check-ins that make a big difference. 😊
    Valianto
    i also want to know the answer
    Zaid
    I guess by not having one?
    Shiva Tejasvi
    Balancing personal relationships and running a startup is important to prevent burnout and keep strong connections. Set clear work hours and personal time to stay focused in both areas. Spend quality time with loved ones by having regular date nights or weekend trips to recharge and stay emotionally connected. Wishing you all the best 😊
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    You have to make time, my friend. It is not easy but it is an effort that is important.