• Subscribe
  • How do you protect your idea from being copied?

Tanya Sharath
    9 replies
    It is a real threat these days, one of my friend once shared that his client was so concerened about his idea being stolen that he olny launched in one country and blocked access to all other countries. Well that was real extreme, but I'm curious to know how do you protect your idea as a maker?

Replies

Gurkaran Singh
    Protecting your idea is like safeguarding a secret family BBQ sauce recipe—keep it under wraps, use non-disclosure agreements, and sprinkle some trademark magic for extra flavor!
    Jabari Zuri
    Great question, Tanya! I have found building a strong community around your product early on can also help deter copycats.
    murph
    I'll echo @jabari_zuri's comment that community can be a moat. I also think unless you have some genuine innovation intellectual property, its tough to "protect" in the traditional sense. Copycats can be a sign of market validation. Move fast and try to compete without losing sight of your original vision.
    Ishaku Abdullahi
    It’s all about timing and discretion!
    Ibrahim yasir Suleiman
    I like to use non-disclosure agreements when talking to potential partners.
    Ibrahim adamu
    It’s a bit of a hassle, but it offers some legal protection.
    Richard B. Bautista
    Treat your idea like a secret family recipe: guard it closely, use NDAs, and sprinkle in some IP protection for extra flavor!
    Chalie Clark
    Get your business or idea trademarked that is the only way to save your idea from being copied, but make sure it is worth trademarking, if it's any normal idea you shouldn't look for trademarking because then it is not worth it.
    Heruzy Anatios
    To protect your idea from being copied, I think you can apply this following suggestion. Firstly, you can keep it confidential when discussing with others, then you should consider legal protections like patents or copyrights, make sure your document its development and ownership and last but not least, limit who you share it with and monitor its use.