• Subscribe
  • How do you set daily goals being the solo founder and accomplish them?

Nikhil Singh
    16 replies

Replies

Jay • www.sectar.co
    Im a solo-maker, too, Nikhil and this is what I do. 1. I write 5 important things to do for the week - I use Todoist to put everything in. 2. I ensure that I do at-least one of those 5 things without fail one day at a time. On the days I miss, I make time to compensate for it. 3. There are always days where my productivity is zero. 4. Days where I can’t seem to make progress, I just pause and try to sit still to look at my goals again. This breaks the chaos of life and makes me refocus my attention on the goals. This helps me calm my mind to prepare for the next day. 5. I repeat this cycle everyday. 6. A timer is my best friend. I work in the bursts of 15 mins. Trust me, this has made wonders to my productivity.
    Ruslan.D
    @jay_sahitya Interesting 👍 .. i am also solo-maker though 15min burst is short for me .. when I catch the rhythm - time becomes imperceptible
    Jay • www.sectar.co
    @xeno1 Oh yes. 15 minutes is to just get started on something. Once we start, it always goes beyond it. Typically for the next 30-45 minutes after which my efficiency goes down.
    Eden
    honestly the only thing that helped me was having a co-founder :P running a company is emotionally exhausting and i wouldn't want to do it alone
    Arz
    To Do list with 3 priorities: 3 least important tasks. 2 medium important tasks. 1 most important task.
    Richard Maxwell
    I start the day by writing down my longer term goals then start with something easy that moves me towards them. Then build up to more complex tasks. I don’t do any of this util I e had a coffee though.
    Being a solo. I have an app that constantly bothers me to get work done in a specific time frame. Of course, I have to tell it the tasks.
    Nikhil Singh
    @tgsketch Interesting, which app do you use?
    @nikhils4 I’m using the Motion App. It uses AI to organize the tasks and projects that I’m working on in specific timeframes. All I do is plan(ish) my tasks. Like I have to clean the house by tomorrow and it’ll take me about a hour. The app will dedicate time for me to do that task.