• Subscribe
  • How do you teach people a new workflow?

Frank Fernandez
    9 replies
    Hi all, Sometimes you find a solution to a problem that is easy for people but requires them to do something they have never done. It’s about changing their typical workflow. I know that this is just a matter of educating people but does anyone have some good ways of going about this? Thanks, Frank

Replies

Darwin Binesh
    I record loom videos of me actually doing it. Then require employees to write out the instructions in the video to confirm they've learned it. Check-in regularly and offer support if they need it. That's the gist of it. Hope that helps. Good luck!!
    Nico Spijker
    I love using Loom for this, for three main reasons: - It's more personal compared to written documentation, you can walk them through every step like you would do on a call - People can watch it back unlimited times: compared to an in-person meeting, the person you're trying to teach something can go back and watch your video unlimited times. - People can leave comments at certain timestamps: this way you know if they're having issues with certain parts and what works/doesnt. In terms of actual adoption it's always tricky, but with good resources shared in advance you're at least setting a strong foundation. :)
    Krishna Kumar
    We have faced this many times. People refuse to change the way they work, even when they themselves have requested for the change in the first place. Here are some of the things we have done that have worked with varying levels of success 1. Training, including videos and annotated screen shots 2. Bug bounties - Find the bugs in the new system and earn goodies 3. Gamification - Similar to bug bounties. 4. Crediting - Publicly announcing "The change asked for by so and so is now live. check it out" This needs to be done with prior permission to use the name 5. Testimonials of colleagues
    Petr Hertl
    It's about a switching trigger. If your solution helps them with their problem and if it's easily accessible and easy to use, they will give a try. Another topic is if UX fits them. We are using a dual-track development, where all the UX is double-checked with the users before we start to implement it.